>> Our 360 Cameras Comparison <<

Latest Posts

Photo insta 360
Views: 11   replies: 0
Last Reply: Theo (Today, 12:03 PM)
Hello,For a few days i have the camera but i want to make a 360 foto and that i Iam not on the picture how do i do that
Vuze Customer Service issues
Views: 25   replies: 0
Last Reply: KToghia (May 25 2017 08:24 PM)
I ordered my camera in April 6th.  The site promised delivery in May.   I contacted support the 1st of May to try and get a more exact delivery timeframe for a production I wanted to use the camera on, and they told via email that my...
Xiaomi Mijia Sphere 360 camera reviews
Views: 270   replies: 2
Last Reply: brendancavan (May 25 2017 12:58 AM)
What do you think about new 360 camera from Xiaomi? If Xiaomi Mija will be so good as Xiaomi Yi 4k, will be great. https://ww...
Xiaomi Mijia Sphere monopod, tripod
Views: 204   replies: 1
Last Reply: brendancavan (May 25 2017 12:43 AM)
Hi Conorr,I've recently purchased the mijia sphere 360 camera and found that a regular selfie stick with a tripod attached to the bottom can be used as a practical and portable tripod for the camera.The selfie stick must have a 1/...
Fish Eye Lense View Curvature
Views: 22   replies: 0
Last Reply: LT (May 24 2017 09:08 PM)
Does anyone know of a way to remove the curvature when you view your photos? I know you can change from the default fish eye lense view to the perspective view but in doing so the quality suffers as the picture gets zoomed in and becomes grainy...

Recent Topics

Picking the right gear & workflow

No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Andre Hote_*

Guest_Andre Hote_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2016 - 09:26 AM

Basically a mewcomer in the world of virtual visits 360 (for real estate purposes mostly), but quite familiar if not savvy with Autopano Giga and even more with Photoshop, I would very much like to know whether I would be better off using an already purchased ultra wide angle lens of the 14-28mm range, or getting a cheap but quite decent fisheye lens (Samyang for instance), or else an all-in-one kit like Giroptic, Samsung, Ricoh… that will do a quick and possibly not too dirty job, saving time. I reckon that ultimate quality is not at stake at this stage, just for virtual visits of apartments.

In case I should opt for the higher quality, is a fisheye lens much easier to stitch than an ultrawide angle which Arnaud Fritch seems to point out), using Autopano Giga which I own anyway? I never found pictures stitching taken with an ultawide angle very convincing or easy, even with a large overlapping area bteween frames while with standard or tele lenses it is done in a breeze. Have I missed something or is the eye very forgiving when it comes to virtual visits?

Also, has Panotour any use for the strict stitching function or is this the Autopano Giga’s sole realm?

Very grateful for any answer bridging the gaps in my present concept and in getting equipped.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users