>> Our 360 Cameras Comparison <<

Latest Posts

PixPro SP360 4k Dual Pack Pro waterproof housing / case
Views: 367   replies: 2
Last Reply: James (Today, 05:38 PM)
I have been using this, the FOV is reduced (30% ? due to the refraction) and the resulting footage is difficult to stitch for 'close', but better for far away objects.  I think a 3 camera array for UW is likely a better solution.  On...
Freeze up camera problem
Views: 41   replies: 1
Last Reply: James (Today, 05:35 PM)
Did you ever find a solution to this issue?    
Insta360 air issues and bugs
Views: 83   replies: 1
Last Reply: Vance (Mar 27 2017 04:42 PM)
I just got mine today, March 27, 2017 with the mini-usb connector.  It is not long enough if you have a case on your phone.  I had to modify my case with a Dremel tool (grinding tool) to provide more clearance for the camera ball to s...
Online platform for editing 360 images
Views: 109   replies: 1
Last Reply: lunadude (Mar 25 2017 03:03 AM)
CES 2017—Best animated virtual reality music video!
Views: 81   replies: 1
Last Reply: lunadude (Mar 25 2017 02:58 AM)
Hmm, interesting. Was this a video of an interactive piece?https://youtu.be/yZOdelqXp2I

Recent Topics

Picking the right gear & workflow

No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Andre Hote_*

Guest_Andre Hote_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2016 - 09:26 AM

Basically a mewcomer in the world of virtual visits 360 (for real estate purposes mostly), but quite familiar if not savvy with Autopano Giga and even more with Photoshop, I would very much like to know whether I would be better off using an already purchased ultra wide angle lens of the 14-28mm range, or getting a cheap but quite decent fisheye lens (Samyang for instance), or else an all-in-one kit like Giroptic, Samsung, Ricoh… that will do a quick and possibly not too dirty job, saving time. I reckon that ultimate quality is not at stake at this stage, just for virtual visits of apartments.

In case I should opt for the higher quality, is a fisheye lens much easier to stitch than an ultrawide angle which Arnaud Fritch seems to point out), using Autopano Giga which I own anyway? I never found pictures stitching taken with an ultawide angle very convincing or easy, even with a large overlapping area bteween frames while with standard or tele lenses it is done in a breeze. Have I missed something or is the eye very forgiving when it comes to virtual visits?

Also, has Panotour any use for the strict stitching function or is this the Autopano Giga’s sole realm?

Very grateful for any answer bridging the gaps in my present concept and in getting equipped.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users