>> Our 360 Cameras Comparison <<

Latest Posts

Panorama XDV360 reviews and test
Views: 7,944   replies: 26
Last Reply: Jeremyhodgin (Yesterday, 09:12 PM)
just got the camera... nice clean and compact... found an awesome Asian dude on youtube helped finger out what to use for software... Kodak is easy and tedious... took 2 installs the repair did nothing ... quick click and set of initi...
Record while charging?
Views: 476   replies: 11
Last Reply: xiaohui (Feb 17 2017 05:21 PM)
Today, I caught the alert, flashed and disappeared very quickly. I captured it said "Recording Stopped due to 360 CAM temperature". It will happen when you finish the first 20 minutes. You won't be able to take another 20 minutes if you don't t...
Tips: How to remove scratches from lens in 360 camera?
Views: 23   replies: 0
Last Reply: oleg (Feb 17 2017 02:45 PM)
See this video, someone clean lens in Nikon Keymission 360 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MAIFiDlc_c What is your advice to remove scratches from lens?
Insta360 Pro overheating
Views: 9   replies: 0
Last Reply: solidss (Feb 17 2017 02:18 PM)
Do you think that so professional 360 camera can overheat? Is there any system against overheating?
Insta360 Pro reviews
Views: 9   replies: 0
Last Reply: solidss (Feb 17 2017 02:13 PM)
Few questions and answers about Insta360 Pro https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKxmlwo1hMI What do you think about this 360 professional camera? I thought that it is smaller.

Recent Topics

Photo

Latest Firmware Problem

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 weephillie

weephillie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSunderland

Posted 25 December 2016 - 10:56 PM

HEELLLPPPP!

So I wake up Christmas morning to find I'm the proud owner of a lovely Samsung Gear 360 camera. Buzzin' was not the word ...until the day from hell trying to get the thing to work with my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. I can get the 360 to connect to my phone but when I download the firmware update it will not install onto the 360. The firmware downloads but it then does not give me the screen with the option to install the new firmware. I cannot use my phone to control the 360. I assume this is because the firmware is not up to date.

Has anyone else had the same problem or anyone have any suggestions before I throw the bloody thing out of the window!

Cheers in advance,

Phil

#2 kosa

kosa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 09:35 AM

I would try to update firmware using pc. You need to install some driver and then try this: http://www.samsung.c.../SM-C200NZWAXAR

#3 weephillie

weephillie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSunderland

Posted 26 December 2016 - 03:16 PM

I would try to update firmware using pc. You need to install some driver and then try this: http://www.samsung.c.../SM-C200NZWAXAR

Thanks. I would install the update from the PC but the link you included doesn't really explain how I would do that.

#4 weephillie

weephillie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSunderland

Posted 26 December 2016 - 11:18 PM

Got this all sorted now. Logged in on a different network to mine at home and it all downloaded and installed no problem. Hope this helps.

#5 weephillie

weephillie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSunderland

Posted 27 December 2016 - 05:46 AM

So I go to work, login on their network, upload the latest firmware and all the functions on my phone work with the 360 ...brilliant! I then return home and have the same problems I've been having for the last 2 days. I know my firmware is now up-to-date but I cannot access the controls on my phone. This is obviously a problem with my home network. It doesn't seem to recognise my gear 360.

Should the 360 show up on my network as a connected device? If so it isn't.

If it should can anyone explain how I do this?

If it's not any of the above does anyone know what the problem can be?

I am using Windows 7 and my phone is the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

Thanks

Phil

#6 vrimaginar

vrimaginar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Locationvrimaginar.com

Posted 30 December 2016 - 11:18 AM

The wifi connection between the phone and the Gear 360 is of the wifi-direct type and has nothing to do with your home network. 

Do the phone and camera see each other when you walk outside, out of reach of your home wifi network?

#7 weephillie

weephillie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSunderland

Posted 30 December 2016 - 02:54 PM

The wifi connection between the phone and the Gear 360 is of the wifi-direct type and has nothing to do with your home network. 

Do the phone and camera see each other when you walk outside, out of reach of your home wifi network?

Yes that is exactly what happens. I can connect when I'm in work (inside and outside). It is just inside my house. if I go outside the house the wifi direct connects. Do you know what the issue is? I would be so grateful if you could help.

#8 vrimaginar

vrimaginar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Locationvrimaginar.com

Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:44 PM

Yes that is exactly what happens. I can connect when I'm in work (inside and outside). It is just inside my house. if I go outside the house the wifi direct connects. Do you know what the issue is? I would be so grateful if you could help.

Does your home network have an ip range of 192.168.49.xxx (this is the range the wifi direct is connecting on)

Edit: Try this (if you have the time);

- Unplug your wifi router and all connected devices (pc's, laptops, IOT camera's, networked smart tv's etc.). By unplugging I mean pull the wall socket.

- Turn on your wifi router. 

- Check the connection between your phone and the camera, if it works bring up other connected devices one by one. Keep checking the connection between the camera and the phone.

You will eventually detect the device that is interfering between the phone and camera. It could be a networked receiver or other device, your network connected fridge for instance.

#9 weephillie

weephillie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSunderland

Posted 30 December 2016 - 05:20 PM

Does your home network have an ip range of 192.168.49.xxx (this is the range the wifi direct is connecting on)

Edit: Try this (if you have the time);

- Unplug your wifi router and all connected devices (pc's, laptops, IOT camera's, networked smart tv's etc.). By unplugging I mean pull the wall socket.

- Turn on your wifi router. 

- Check the connection between your phone and the camera, if it works bring up other connected devices one by one. Keep checking the connection between the camera and the phone.

You will eventually detect the device that is interfering between the phone and camera. It could be a networked receiver or other device, your network connected fridge for instance.

I will try this but it will not be until tomorrow or Sunday. Out of interest, if I find that another device is interfering with the camera's connection will there be a way of working around this?

#10 vrimaginar

vrimaginar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Locationvrimaginar.com

Posted 30 December 2016 - 05:38 PM

I will try this but it will not be until tomorrow or Sunday. Out of interest, if I find that another device is interfering with the camera's connection will there be a way of working around this?

There probably is. Let us know the outcome and then we'll take it from there.

#11 weephillie

weephillie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSunderland

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:27 AM

There probably is. Let us know the outcome and then we'll take it from there.

Well after finding the time to do what you suggested, I unplugged every device (and there's quite a few) connected to my wifi network. To my disappointment it didn't work. What you said made lots of sense and I was convinced this would work. I restarted the router with nothing attached and unplugged and to my surprise my phone still would not give me full access through the Gear 360 app. If I want full access I have to go outside of the house to enable the wifi direct function. Dunno what to do next...

#12 vrimaginar

vrimaginar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Locationvrimaginar.com

Posted 14 January 2017 - 02:46 PM

Well after finding the time to do what you suggested, I unplugged every device (and there's quite a few) connected to my wifi network. To my disappointment it didn't work. What you said made lots of sense and I was convinced this would work. I restarted the router with nothing attached and unplugged and to my surprise my phone still would not give me full access through the Gear 360 app. If I want full access I have to go outside of the house to enable the wifi direct function. Dunno what to do next...

That's strange. I assume from this that you have neighbours living nearby? I think one of them have the equipment that is interfering with your connection.

#13 weephillie

weephillie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSunderland

Posted 19 January 2017 - 11:30 PM

That's strange. I assume from this that you have neighbours living nearby? I think one of them have the equipment that is interfering with your connection.

Yep that's a fair shout and possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users