>> Our 360 Cameras Comparison <<

Latest Posts

Stiching problem when not using phone
Views: 1,227   replies: 6
Last Reply: Michael (Today, 12:29 AM)
Can you get past the 20 min time cap?
Nikon KeyMission 360 issues, bugs
Views: 1,385   replies: 20
Last Reply: Andrew Campbell (Feb 24 2017 10:02 AM)
Hi. Used the camera for the first time today and uploaded the vid to youtube. It allowed me to move around inside the video but it left a wide, black gap that ended in a circular black hole at the top.What went wrong?
Facebook uploads are up side down
Views: 23   replies: 0
Last Reply: JohnSmith (Feb 24 2017 01:17 AM)
My 360 photos are showing up side down on Facebook. My other ones are fine. I have tried stripping the data and also rotating 180 deg with thexifer.net and later with Corel Draw but nothing works. The option to rotate photos on Facebook doesn't...
LG360 with cardboard vr file type.
Views: 39   replies: 2
Last Reply: Matt (Feb 23 2017 06:38 PM)
They will play through YouTube just fine.Problem is I live on Ascension Island which has very limited and very slow...
Moto Z Play Droid 6.0.1 and SnapBridge 1.9.15 to KeyMission 360
Views: 31   replies: 0
Last Reply: Cool Games (Feb 23 2017 04:43 PM)
Just got both yesterday and pairing is unintuitive if not unreliable.Also have a Panasonic HX-A100 not pairing so suspect new phone more than 360 camera.Any hints from others with Android 6.0.1 to Nikon cameras with Snap Bridge ?

Recent Topics

Photo

Bublecam reviews

1 reply to this topic

#1 tomtom

tomtom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 March 2016 - 07:17 PM

What are your opinions about Bublecam 360 vr camera?

Do you have any good review? Who has it and can confirmed that was good choice ;)

Bublecam vr camera.JPG

#2 Angelo_Farina

Angelo_Farina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 05:41 PM

Got it in August 2015, after waiting it for some 18 months....

I was one of those early Kickstarter backers...

The manufacturers did lie for months about the start of production, but al least they finally managed to ship me the product (whilst their competitor from Giroptic did not ship yet, it is more than 2 years).

The unit initally was working at least decently: the image quality was not excellent, but at least the device was communicating almost always with my Android phone or with my iPad, and the live video streaming was always on, so I was always able to see what was happening on my remote device.

But many users complained about the battery duration (approximately 20 minutes, which is really short, albeit it was easy to attach an external smartphone battery to the micro-USB connector for keeping it powered for hours).

As a response of these complaints, the firmware was revised, making the device almost unusable for me. And the battery now lasts for 30 minutes only...

Now the device is NOT continuously streaming the video over wifi, for saving battery, but this made the remote control of the machine unsatisfactory,

Also, for reducing battery usage, the wifi connection now stops if no activity is made for a couple of minutes. Everytime the device needs to be paired again, which can take up to 10 minutes...

Furthermore, the loss of video streaming while recording means that now I am recording "blinded", and only after the recording is completed I can have confirmation of what happened around the camera.

Unfortunately, it is not possible to come back to the original firmware, as the Android and IOS apps have been updated, and do not support it anymore.

Finally, and this is the worst thing; for merging the 4 "circular" videos in a  single, equirectangular video, no standalone program is provided, neither for Windows or for OSX. One is forced to upload the video to the Bubl.io server, which does the video processing, and only after some hours the equirectangular video is available for being downloaded back.

This is simply ridiculous, for a number of reasons:

1) some "private" videos cannot be uploaded on the Internet, they must stay private: sex, arms, military, NDA-covered research, etc...

2) what if you have no fast internet connection?

3) even with a fast ADSL line, a two-hours concert requires 12 hours for being uploaded, converted, and downloaded again: unacceptable!

Every other 360 camera is either already producing equirectangular video or is shipped together with a Windows/Mac app for doing the required videoprocessing.

Without such an app, and with the current, bogus firmware, I cannot honestly recommend this device.

My Ricoh Theta S has a much better price-to-performance, and its remote control is 100% reliable (albeit also it stops streaming video while recording)...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users