I have had success getting the video from the camera to the desktop and on to YouTube. Had to jump through a bunch of hoops, but it did work finally.
The phone's app has to process the video first, because it dose the stitching. I have not found a desktop application (free or cheap) that might do the trick without it.
Updated process pipeline:
- shoot 360 video with camera
- download to phone [using LG 360 Cam Manager app]
- connect phone to computer
- download video to desktop folder
- Can edit with Adobe Premiere
- run video through Spatial Media Metadata Injector [set to spherical]
- Upload to YouTube
This process maintains original video quality.
The metadata app (Mac and PC) is available from this page, in the "prepare for upload section".