>> Our 360 Cameras Comparison <<

Latest Posts

PixPro SP360 4k Dual Pack Pro waterproof housing / case
Views: 367   replies: 2
Last Reply: James (Today, 05:38 PM)
I have been using this, the FOV is reduced (30% ? due to the refraction) and the resulting footage is difficult to stitch for 'close', but better for far away objects.  I think a 3 camera array for UW is likely a better solution.  On...
Freeze up camera problem
Views: 41   replies: 1
Last Reply: James (Today, 05:35 PM)
Did you ever find a solution to this issue?    
Insta360 air issues and bugs
Views: 83   replies: 1
Last Reply: Vance (Mar 27 2017 04:42 PM)
I just got mine today, March 27, 2017 with the mini-usb connector.  It is not long enough if you have a case on your phone.  I had to modify my case with a Dremel tool (grinding tool) to provide more clearance for the camera ball to s...
Online platform for editing 360 images
Views: 109   replies: 1
Last Reply: lunadude (Mar 25 2017 03:03 AM)
CES 2017—Best animated virtual reality music video!
Views: 81   replies: 1
Last Reply: lunadude (Mar 25 2017 02:58 AM)
Hmm, interesting. Was this a video of an interactive piece?https://youtu.be/yZOdelqXp2I

Recent Topics

Non-LG VR Headsets

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_H_Town_Mike_*

Guest_H_Town_Mike_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2016 - 08:42 PM

I know LG has designed this to use within their ecosystem including the VR headset.  

My question to y'all is...have you used any other VR headsets (Gear VR/Occulus/Cardboard) to experience the LG360 Cam videos?

#2 lunadude

lunadude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 03:20 PM

I have a Cardboard here, and YouTube 360 videos work great in it!

#3 mcalistor

mcalistor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 04:42 PM

I use a Samsung Gear VR.  The pictures open fine in the Oculus 360 Photo app and I use the Milk VR app to play the videos.  You have to cycle through a couple view formats before you get to the 360 view.

There are some instructions to play the videos with the Oculus Video app, but I could not get them to work.  I tried putting the vids in a 360Videos folder under the Movies directory, no luck. Then I tried adding "_360" to filenames, now the video will show up with a 360 icon in the corner of the thumbnail and it will open with a 360 degree view, but the video will not play past the first frame.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users