>> Our 360 Cameras Comparison <<

Latest Posts

Best way to view the videos in a VR headset (phone)?
Views: 291   replies: 2
Last Reply: Adel Taqi (Aug 19 2017 11:14 PM)
HiTo upload a VR video you need "VRFIX" app on iPhone then you can see it as vr video in YouTube
compensation agreement .At present, except on two minor-league injuries of the let off
Views: 164   replies: 1
Last Reply: Anger (Aug 18 2017 11:56 AM)
yeezy boost 350 V2
Tara - 3D Stereo Camera
Views: 1,127   replies: 2
Last Reply: venkat (Aug 18 2017 10:20 AM)
e-con Systems Tara stereo camera review: Unboxing and first impressions https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2ECFQIu8Rc
"Noise" or "Grain" in filming
Views: 61   replies: 0
Last Reply: kakoverch@gmail.com (Aug 17 2017 02:43 AM)
Help please! I have the first samsung vr 360 model and in each shoot appears noise or grains... Some people tells me that was the micro sd and i bought the samsung 128gb 10 class u3, but the problem persisted. Help!
Insta360 PRO Specs
Views: 402   replies: 1
Last Reply: Nanook Offenheimer (Aug 17 2017 12:00 AM)
What is the focal length of each camera lens?

Recent Topics

Google Cardboard

cardboard

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_marty_*

Guest_marty_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2016 - 05:43 PM

This is the most basic VR hardware you can get. Let's exchange our experience.
  • fredSa and Gerardomug like this

#2 Guest_marty_*

Guest_marty_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2016 - 06:10 PM

I ordered my Google Cardboard from google store. It took long time for shipping to come, over a week. I could not wait and I found out that my coworker had it on his desk. He borrowed it to my and I was on my way to experience Virtual Reality!

I have tested it on two phones, Samsung S4, and iPhone 5s. The demo application where you can experience beach, seaguls, fox and whale is very nice. It is cartoonish, but still nice!

After sharing it with bunch of coworkers and affecting productivity, I was ready for more. Some of them started crashing stuff, hitting using their fingers and hands, walking in random directions. It was fun to watch.

I can tell that Cardboard should have some stickers on the sides, because I dropped my phones many times when turning head. Is it just me? Couldn't Google engineers catch that? Anyway, it was very good experience when I held it with my fingers.

I watched Saturday night live in 360 video and it was fun, but blury and when I looked at people it was annoing that it would not focus on them. My eyes started to be bothered.

I started downloading 700MB videos in 360, recording my room in 360 and my phone was full, could not compress my video and that is when I realized oh boy I need lots of storage, memory and better quality camera. My phone started crashing, it was Samsung S4. I uninstalled most if apps related to VR, and I am ready for new phone.

The Google store has some aps to build your home in 360 experience so you can use Cardboard, I need to try that!

Anyway it is fun, cheap about $20 :) I recommend it.

I am also ready for better VR, maybe Samsung gear vr.

#3 360rumors

360rumors

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 07 July 2016 - 10:29 PM

Hi Marty. Thanks for sharing your cardboard experience. I'm a cardboard fan too. As for your phone falling, that depends on the viewer - some viewers are well designed and the phone will not fall.

As for the Gear VR yes please try it! It is much better than Cardboard - much more immersive because of the very low latency. Things you see on Gear VR look like they exist outside of the headset. I used to think Cardboard was good enough for VR but after using Gear VR, I think Gear VR is the minimum for VR.

I'm also looking forward to Google Daydream, which I think will be the same or possibly better than Gear VR.

Best regards,
Mic

#4 Guest_wuliwawa_*

Guest_wuliwawa_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2016 - 03:55 AM

The more expensive the better experience.

How much is google Daydream ? 

#5 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 06:31 AM

This is coral image in 360.

Attached Thumbnails

• coral.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cardboard

0 user(s) are reading this topic