>> Our 360 Cameras Comparison <<

Latest Posts

Jumpy video after stitching 360
Views: 22   replies: 0
Last Reply: lseltzer (Yesterday, 04:55 AM)
Just got the new 2017 model from Korea. So far, it's very cool! BUT, if there's an 'active' scene along the stitching lines of the two lenses, the entire video seems to..pulse or jump up and down. It's very distracting. I've turned off all hard...
Samsung Gear 360 (2017) live streaming and issues
Views: 119   replies: 1
Last Reply: lseltzer (Yesterday, 04:51 AM)
You trying to LiveStream via Facebook? Or...? Don't think it can be done on an iPhone at the moment. Only Android. It's controlled through the Gear 360 App on your phone, and the Action Director software on a computer.I'm going to test...
Samsung Gear 360 (2017) problems connect wifi
Views: 149   replies: 1
Last Reply: lseltzer (Yesterday, 04:48 AM)
When I've had problems, I've restarted the camera, started, held the MENU until I see 'Connect IOS,' then gone on an iPhone into the WiFi list and connected. Sometimes, if too much time elapses between pressing that menu button to connect and g...
New Icons In Insta360 App
Views: 22   replies: 0
Last Reply: grahamjohnson10 (May 21 2017 08:31 PM)
Please could someone tell me what the two icons at the bottom left do ?? [attachment=231:IMG_1027.PNG]
360 lens angles moving while car racing
Views: 38   replies: 0
Last Reply: 1977buickboy (May 20 2017 05:35 AM)
Hi I am into car racing and in our last race I mounted the 360 from the roof upside down to get a great shot of the race or that's what I thought. The problem I had was as the car cornered the lens angle went with it and moved  with the ca...

Recent Topics

Photo

VR microphone for 360 videos

vr microphone 360 audio vr mic 360 sound

1 reply to this topic

#1 tomtom

tomtom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 April 2016 - 11:16 AM

If you want professional video you need 360-degree sounds. Not every 360° camera has it.

Do you know good vr mic to have nice audio for 360 video?

Propably it will be mount with 4 microphones in 4 directions.

#2 Angelo_Farina

Angelo_Farina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 12:22 AM

As the Youtube specs for 3D audio accompanying 360x180 equirectangular video mandate for an Ambisonics B-format 4-channels audio track, there is little choice: you need an Ambisonics microphone!

They are on the market since 25 years now, the oldest one, and still very respected, is the Soundfield microphone.

Which indeed is quite bulky and very expensive...

Cheaper, smaller microphones also employing the same tetrahedral arrangement of just 4 capsules are the Coresound Tetramic and the Brahma. Both are under 1000 USD, and the second can also be ordered embedded inside a Zoom H2n digital recorder, making for a very compact and portable setup.

But if you want the best of the best for your soundtrack, 4 microphones are really not enough, and you need to purchase an Eigenmike. A spherical microphone array equipped with 32 top-quality condenser capsules, and digital conversion inside the sphere, so that a single CAT5 ethernet cable carries out the 32 signals, the gain control signals and power supply.

I own an Eigenmike, and it is really fantastic, the spatial detail captured is something impossible with just 4 capsules!

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vr microphone, 360 audio, vr mic, 360 sound

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users