>> Our 360 Cameras Comparison <<

Latest Posts

Update camera firmware
Views: 0   replies: 0
Last Reply: Peterg (Today, 04:18 AM)
Hi! I'm currently using the camera with a Samsung j7 2016 with Android 6 and the camera has been working fine (can't handle full resolution but I still have the pc for the 2k videos). I haven't updated the camera firmware yet fearing that ther...
very cheap new cam
Views: 1,472   replies: 88
Last Reply: bapedPem (Today, 03:49 AM)
Discounts! the best selling products Products which fall under...
Just received my XDV360
Views: 787   replies: 4
Last Reply: WilliamSpurn (Today, 03:37 AM)
Привет всем! Красный у вас сайт Нашёл интересные материалы про создание игр тут: скачать кс 1 6 бесплатно со всеми картами http://www.akksimo.net/ И тут:...
Gear 360 mounted to Typhoon H drone
Views: 14   replies: 3
Last Reply: capedPem (Today, 03:21 AM)
Discounts! top new products Products which fall under this retu...
Discounts! man hair style
Views: 356   replies: 88
Last Reply: kapedPem (Today, 02:49 AM)
Discounts! best products for 2017 Products which fall under thi...

Recent Topics

Photo

Downloading Images or Video to Windows Computer

download files to computer

4 replies to this topic

#1 aemcmg9

aemcmg9

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 01:04 AM

New Ricoh Theta S Owner.

1. For the life of me I cannot download the files I took with my Theta S to my computer using the cable that came with the device. I plugin the USB cable and the red (charge) light is coming on - the connection to the computer is happening, the windows import files menu appears - I name the folder then after a few moments the connection is cutoff and the transfer stops.  What am I doing wrong?  Do I need a micro hdmi cable to transfer files and this cable is only for charging?  If so I wish they would specify that anywhere in the directions. 

2. Is there anywhere more information about the phone app settings?  I cannot seem to find instructions about that in the booklet or anywhere.  Again I am scratching my head wondering what am I missing and how come that these basic items are not specified or simplified.

3. I registered to the ricoh support site: https://theta360.com/ and while I see a FAQ (which does not answer my above questions) I cannot find a forum where I can write questions.  Is there an official Ricoh support site or forum where we can seek advice like on this forum?   

Thanks in advance guys/gals.

Marcel

#2 360rumors

360rumors

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 28 August 2016 - 01:43 AM

Hi Marcel.  Congrats on getting the Theta.

1. After connecting the Theta to your computer via the USB cable, have you tried turning on the Theta (the light will become blue)?  On Windows, this should cause your PC to download the drivers that will enable your PC to read from the Theta's memory.  Then you can read it just like an external USB drive.

2. Instructions for using the Theta are here: https://theta360.com...support/manual/

3. There's no official Ricoh support forum afaik, but there are plenty of knowledgeable and helpful people here. ;)  I also invite you to check out my site 360rumors.com, which has news, reviews, techniques and deals about 360 cameras and VR.

Best regards,

Mic

#3 GarrettWek

GarrettWek

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 September 2016 - 01:49 AM

For some reason, I cant get the images to transfer. The camera screen flashes transferring to PC, but then nothing. Am I not doing something right?

#4 360rumors

360rumors

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 15 September 2016 - 06:26 PM

Hi Garrett.  Congrats on getting the Theta.  To transfer the photos and videos from the Theta to your PC, connect the Theta to the PC via a Micro USB to USB cord (included with the Theta).  Wait for the PC to install the drivers.  After the drivers are installed, turn on the Theta (the LED will change from red to blue).  There might be more drivers installed.  Afterward, the Theta should be available in your File Explorer as another drive.

Best regards,

Mic

#5 Grubgoat

Grubgoat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:13 PM

I seemed to have a problem with my USB early on, USB 2.0 seemed to *ONLY* have enough to charge the camera, not ALSO send the video.  After a few minutes the camera would turn off (red charging light only) as OP states.  My uncle then let me use his 3.0 cable, instantly things worked.  Something to consider...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users