>> Our 360 Cameras Comparison <<

Latest Posts

Straight panoramas from spherical cameras
Views: 15   replies: 0
Last Reply: Alex (Yesterday, 08:40 PM)
Insta360 air issues and bugs
Views: 188   replies: 2
Last Reply: ShmuelB (Yesterday, 02:04 PM)
Hello! I have not been successful sharing the video locally to my phone from the app. This seems a necessary step to sharing it on the web. My screen shows exporting, 1% for a long time, and I eventually stop the process....
Toshiba 128 GB Micro SD card (Format FAT32) doensn't run in Samsung Gear 360°. Why not??
Views: 108   replies: 1
Last Reply: Whag (Yesterday, 10:50 AM)
card should be formatted as "unformated" with a  partition tool (I know it sounds weird)something like   https://www.partitionwizard.com/down...
360 Cameras for sale
Views: 24   replies: 0
Last Reply: twerkken (Apr 25 2017 03:02 PM)
I wanted to start a thread where people could post 360 cameras/rigs that they are selling.  Please visit this thread if you are interested in buying or selling a used 360 rig.   I will start this off with our 360 Ri...
GoPro Fusion 360 sample videos
Views: 13   replies: 0
Last Reply: traddy (Apr 25 2017 11:05 AM)
GoPro show Fusion with 360 sample video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PygsKZXpYrI What do you think about quality?

Recent Topics

Photo

Nikon KeyMission 360 issues, bugs

Nikon KeyMission 360 problems Nikon KeyMission 360 issue

20 replies to this topic

#1 philip

philip

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 02:15 PM

Have you seen any bugs in Nikon Keymission?

#2 deryl

deryl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 October 2016 - 03:55 PM

If you have problems with Nikon Keymission 360 these tips can help

nikon keymission 360 issues problems.jpg
nikon keymission 360 issue problem.jpg
nikon keymission 360 tv remote control issues.jpg

#3 Guest_adams_*

Guest_adams_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2016 - 08:53 AM

bad quality stitching and the almost non-functional software

#4 Guest_Glen McMillan_*

Guest_Glen McMillan_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2016 - 11:55 PM

After 5 days of failures I have returned it to the store really poor disappointed in Nikon never did get remote working software is useless picture quality is poor. I have 25 years of software use but this was hopeless

#5 Guest_Ian grob_*

Guest_Ian grob_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2016 - 01:48 PM

Camera will not record longer than 48 seconds. Will randomly stop when shooting in normal video mode. Airplane mode or remote start same problem. Sometimes it records for 7 seconds. Or 28, or 30. Never got it to record up to a minute. Tried loop mode, same thing. Reset to dactory, reloaded app a few times. Card empty. Battery fully charged. Will stop and can start right again, but same problem

#6 Guest_Thomas_*

Guest_Thomas_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2016 - 12:02 PM

Guest_Ian grob_* - I'd suggest trying a faster SD card, this sounds like it is having issues writing the video fast enough.

#7 Guest_Don_*

Guest_Don_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2016 - 11:24 PM

Camera will not record longer than 48 seconds. Will randomly stop when shooting in normal video mode. Airplane mode or remote start same problem. Sometimes it records for 7 seconds. Or 28, or 30. Never got it to record up to a minute. Tried loop mode, same thing. Reset to dactory, reloaded app a few times. Card empty. Battery fully charged. Will stop and can start right again, but same problem

You need a really fast card.  Something like the Extreme Plus.  Just a thought.  I report no shut off of video while recording.  The manual says that the video will shut off if it overheats.  I'm sure that is not your issue though.

#8 Guest_Alina_*

Guest_Alina_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2016 - 08:34 AM

Help! My 360 Nikon camera records a video unmerged! How can I merge the 2 camera videos?

#9 fbcampbe

fbcampbe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 07:46 PM

Just bought my Keymission 360.  Finally solved pairing problems due to perseverance.  Took it out for a 30 minute walk to check it out.  Audio was good throughout.  Video had continued terrible dropouts.

Switched SD cards to fastest I have (Sandisk Extreme Plus) and still had the dropout.

Anyone have any suggestions how to fix this?  I see everyone else's posted video and it looks fine.

#10 charlieb

charlieb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 25 November 2016 - 01:54 AM

the biggest issue I'm having is the inability to connect my phone to the camera; sometimes it works fine, other times not at all.

in the interests of testing, i've tried several different locations to determine whether it was interference from other wi-fi networks, but it does not appear to make any difference.

#11 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:17 PM

Focus issue,focus just too near , I think it didn't careful aligned before out of factory.

#12 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2016 - 01:03 PM

Focus issue same here,focus too near,it should focus beyond 30cm,but it focused within 30cm only. Is anyone know how to fix it without sending it back ?

#13 Guest_Jade_*

Guest_Jade_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2016 - 08:12 AM

With the latest firmware update for Nikon Key Mission 360 released 9th Dec 2016, be sure to read the PDF link at the bottom of the 5 point instruction list as there is really important details that should be known before attempting the update yourself. The update should only take a few seconds if you have correctly installed the update onto a memory card (just drag and drop, do not put it into any folders).

It is a tad fiddly to update the firmware but no worse than a Go Pro. It seems the issues people have with syncing are first time are from incomplete information contained in the instruction manual however these appear to have been fixed in the latest firmware update and also update to the snap bridge 360 app. 

For first time users, be sure to download the Nikon snapbridge '360/170' app. There are two similar apps and only one works which is dedicated for the key mission cameras. 

After updating the firmware and app, you will need to 'ignore' the camera in bluetooth (under settings menu for an iPhone), and then resync the phone and camera.

After this, it connected much faster and more reliably. I could easily use the app as a remote to take photo (white button) or video (red button) and see what I was taking a picture of. (the app would even wake the camera from off which is perfect for remote shooting)

With wifi connection, the password is NikonKeyMission (case sensitive) which wasn't mentioned in any instruction manuals or update materials. However it does appear in camera info now when you update the firmware. 

I haven't really put it to the test but am planning on this weekend, but so far quality seems reasonable. I think people are expecting high end SLR quality but there is always going to be a margin of vague blurred lines with 360 depending upon what & where you are shooting. 

You can edit things like lighting, colour, shadows, removal of blemishes, small objects, etc with Apple's standard photos app, however as of yet, this does not support 360 viewing. Facebook does so you can always start to upload a photo on Facebook to see what it looks like in 360 before committing to posting it online.

Sounds fiddly but really this is small fry when comparing the previous manual stitching methods which had to be done to create 360 or even panoramic photo/videos. 

It's a shame underwater 360 doesn't work as this was a real drawcard for me being a diver and regular snorkeller. Hopefully maybe in a future software update?? Nikon? Please? :-)

In the instructions it says focus on anything less than 60cm is unreliable so anyone posting about that should just read the instructions!

#14 Guest_roux vincent_*

Guest_roux vincent_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 December 2016 - 12:48 AM

Hello,

since I've download new update on firmware keymission, my camera stay with 2 green alternate light all the time and it's doesn't work..

Help me....

#15 Guest_asia shoot_*

Guest_asia shoot_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2016 - 03:54 AM

Guest_roux vincent_ 

I did this yesterday as well and now I'm screwed, desperately trying to make this operational again as I'm in the middle of a shoot in a remote area and nikon customer service is not open until I've left. ANYONE KNOW? PLEASE HELP!

#16 Guest_asia shoot_*

Guest_asia shoot_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2016 - 06:54 AM

Ok I just fixed mine for now. Not sure what this means going forawrd but Ive gotten it to record images again. Basically I took the battery out, the memory card and then flipped the camera to airplane mode on. then i put just the battery in and turned camera on and tried to take a photo (without the memory card in) and then it gave me an alert noise that indicated there was no memory card in there. Then I put thememory card in and shot a photo and it worked fine. Bizarre if you ask me but it worked for the time being. Hope this helps anyone or if anyone has any additional thoughts, please let me kjnow.

#17 Guest_asia shoot_*

Guest_asia shoot_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2016 - 02:50 PM

Update - the camera only works on airplane mode. As soon as I turn it off airplane mode it reverts back to the unusable state it previously existed in and any attempt to use the phone software to adjust the image doesn't work :(

Any help here? I've written Nikon but they are slow.

#18 rouxvincent03

rouxvincent03

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 03:30 AM

Guest_roux vincent_ 

I did this yesterday as well and now I'm screwed, desperately trying to make this operational again as I'm in the middle of a shoot in a remote area and nikon customer service is not open until I've left. ANYONE KNOW? PLEASE HELP!

Sorry I not understand?

If you see my last video:https://youtu.be/qr6xt8EVJsE

Happy new year

#19 Guest_judy_*

Guest_judy_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2017 - 08:21 PM

pairing, pairing pairing??

#20 Cool Games

Cool Games

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationGroton, MA USA

Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:19 PM

New 360 and Moto Z

Just joined the fray !
Going on trip to beach wedding tomorrow so am trying to replace
IOS / Panasonic wearable HX-A100.
Now seeing this will be a fun trip so taking old config as backup.
Also starting in drone platform so may fly this beast once debugged !

Watch this space and my web presence.

Linux sucking in all that's 360 and VR !

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users