>> Our 360 Cameras Comparison <<

Latest Posts

Xiaomi Mijia Sphere 360 camera reviews
Views: 255   replies: 2
Last Reply: brendancavan (Today, 12:58 AM)
What do you think about new 360 camera from Xiaomi? If Xiaomi Mija will be so good as Xiaomi Yi 4k, will be great. https://ww...
Xiaomi Mijia Sphere monopod, tripod
Views: 201   replies: 1
Last Reply: brendancavan (Today, 12:43 AM)
Hi Conorr,I've recently purchased the mijia sphere 360 camera and found that a regular selfie stick with a tripod attached to the bottom can be used as a practical and portable tripod for the camera.The selfie stick must have a 1/...
Fish Eye Lense View Curvature
Views: 10   replies: 0
Last Reply: LT (Yesterday, 09:08 PM)
Does anyone know of a way to remove the curvature when you view your photos? I know you can change from the default fish eye lense view to the perspective view but in doing so the quality suffers as the picture gets zoomed in and becomes grainy...
Jumpy video after stitching 360
Views: 29   replies: 0
Last Reply: lseltzer (May 23 2017 04:55 AM)
Just got the new 2017 model from Korea. So far, it's very cool! BUT, if there's an 'active' scene along the stitching lines of the two lenses, the entire video seems to..pulse or jump up and down. It's very distracting. I've turned off all hard...
Samsung Gear 360 (2017) live streaming and issues
Views: 126   replies: 1
Last Reply: lseltzer (May 23 2017 04:51 AM)
You trying to LiveStream via Facebook? Or...? Don't think it can be done on an iPhone at the moment. Only Android. It's controlled through the Gear 360 App on your phone, and the Action Director software on a computer.I'm going to test...

Recent Topics

Samsung won't fix your Gear 360 VR

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Glenn_*

Guest_Glenn_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2016 - 08:22 PM

I scratched the lens cover on my Gear 360 camera. When I called to get a replacement or a repair they said that scratching the lens voided my warranty, and they are not repairing out of warranty Gear 360's or providing replacements parts. So now I have a $350 paperweight.

If anyone knows of a source for the lens covers I'd really like to know.

If you're considering purchasing a Gear 360 you might want to hold off until someone has replacement lens covers. It doesn't look like Samsung will do anything to help you out.

#2 maskedweasel

maskedweasel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 06:39 PM

So here is something that I did.  I contacted samsung after I had a catastrophic drop, when my custom rig was removed without the camera being removed first... (mostly my fault but still)  so I contacted samsung, but I didn't mention the scratch at all.

In fact, I complained about the overheating,  mostly because this overheating issue is ridiculous, and my camera overheats at much shorter intervals than what others have said theirs does.  So I had a plan in mind,  just send it out, see if they replace the camera, or fix the issue.  I sent it,  received a camera, and both lens covers were replaced.  

Good Job Samsung. So glad you guys came through, especially after the debacle I dealt with for the Note 7.

My backup plan was to purchase a second camera, replace the lenses and return the product, which, obviously is not ideal as I would have taken a restocking fee hit, but it's either that or taking a 350 dollar paperweight hit.  It didn't come to that,  but if you have a US version, I would recommend sending it back for overheating similarly, in hopes they come through with the lens cover replacement. 

#3 szeszo

szeszo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 02:15 PM

My camera also had a scratched lens cover. I sent it back to the Hungary Samsung service. Becaouse they didn't an other lens cover so they gave me egy new Samsung Gear Camera.I was lucky because it. If the service have a new lens cover, then You have to pay for the repair. The scratchez aren't includid in the warranty. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users