>> Our 360 Cameras Comparison <<

Latest Posts

Panorama XDV360 reviews and test
Views: 7,944   replies: 26
Last Reply: Jeremyhodgin (Yesterday, 09:12 PM)
just got the camera... nice clean and compact... found an awesome Asian dude on youtube helped finger out what to use for software... Kodak is easy and tedious... took 2 installs the repair did nothing ... quick click and set of initi...
Record while charging?
Views: 476   replies: 11
Last Reply: xiaohui (Feb 17 2017 05:21 PM)
Today, I caught the alert, flashed and disappeared very quickly. I captured it said "Recording Stopped due to 360 CAM temperature". It will happen when you finish the first 20 minutes. You won't be able to take another 20 minutes if you don't t...
Tips: How to remove scratches from lens in 360 camera?
Views: 23   replies: 0
Last Reply: oleg (Feb 17 2017 02:45 PM)
See this video, someone clean lens in Nikon Keymission 360 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MAIFiDlc_c What is your advice to remove scratches from lens?
Insta360 Pro overheating
Views: 9   replies: 0
Last Reply: solidss (Feb 17 2017 02:18 PM)
Do you think that so professional 360 camera can overheat? Is there any system against overheating?
Insta360 Pro reviews
Views: 9   replies: 0
Last Reply: solidss (Feb 17 2017 02:13 PM)
Few questions and answers about Insta360 Pro https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKxmlwo1hMI What do you think about this 360 professional camera? I thought that it is smaller.

Recent Topics

Samsung won't fix your Gear 360 VR

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Glenn_*

Guest_Glenn_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 October 2016 - 08:22 PM

I scratched the lens cover on my Gear 360 camera. When I called to get a replacement or a repair they said that scratching the lens voided my warranty, and they are not repairing out of warranty Gear 360's or providing replacements parts. So now I have a $350 paperweight.

If anyone knows of a source for the lens covers I'd really like to know.

If you're considering purchasing a Gear 360 you might want to hold off until someone has replacement lens covers. It doesn't look like Samsung will do anything to help you out.

#2 maskedweasel

maskedweasel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 06:39 PM

So here is something that I did.  I contacted samsung after I had a catastrophic drop, when my custom rig was removed without the camera being removed first... (mostly my fault but still)  so I contacted samsung, but I didn't mention the scratch at all.

In fact, I complained about the overheating,  mostly because this overheating issue is ridiculous, and my camera overheats at much shorter intervals than what others have said theirs does.  So I had a plan in mind,  just send it out, see if they replace the camera, or fix the issue.  I sent it,  received a camera, and both lens covers were replaced.  

Good Job Samsung. So glad you guys came through, especially after the debacle I dealt with for the Note 7.

My backup plan was to purchase a second camera, replace the lenses and return the product, which, obviously is not ideal as I would have taken a restocking fee hit, but it's either that or taking a 350 dollar paperweight hit.  It didn't come to that,  but if you have a US version, I would recommend sending it back for overheating similarly, in hopes they come through with the lens cover replacement. 

#3 szeszo

szeszo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 02:15 PM

My camera also had a scratched lens cover. I sent it back to the Hungary Samsung service. Becaouse they didn't an other lens cover so they gave me egy new Samsung Gear Camera.I was lucky because it. If the service have a new lens cover, then You have to pay for the repair. The scratchez aren't includid in the warranty. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users