360° Cameras and Videos Forums
fast Don

Panorama XDV360 reviews and test

Guest AlexGuys   
Guest AlexGuys

In fact there is a lot of clone of this hardware.

I have bought two camera (Winata model and anethic model one) and just received them.

Quick review:

Price range around 100€.

The packaging: box with no brand name for the anethic and is absent for the winata one (was send in bubblepaper wrap...)

The software are almost identical.

Accessories: both come with an USB cable, a bike mount and several gopro-like attachements stuff.

The Anethic should also have a waterproof case and a base but they were send separately and I don't have them yet.

They both use XDV360 free app on Android market.

The image quality is quite good for 360 single lens video.

Here is a timelapse test I did yesterday https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BvTcwuwcmk

Cons: Has to use kodak Pixpro 360 4K PC software to export the spherical videos for Youtube or Facebook.

I Have yet to figure out how to do the same with still photography...

Guest AlexGuys   
Guest AlexGuys
Guest Ray   
Guest Ray

Just got my camera today for testing.  In the camera, using the phone as the viewer, it looks great.... can try the different modes, etc.  However, I am not sure what to do with the video, once it is shot! :)

I have downloaded the videos I have shot, but all I get is the round, spherical, and I have no idea what to do with the videos.  I tried using the YT 360 meta data app, and uploading to YT, but that resulted in weird-looking video, not what I usually see with 360 videos.

Any help is appreciated!

Ray

Guest XDV360user   
Guest XDV360user

Jus got the Anethic version of this... using XDV360 now... gotta get a mem card yet..

I  jus had a question..   Is the display on the phone different from the display output from the camera??

Guest ryan   
Guest ryan

Guest_AlexGuys_ -- you mentioned using PixPro 360 4K software to do the export, but adding a single file to the "List of input files" and it comes back with File damaged or unable to be recognized. Any idea? The version is 2.1.2.0 that i downloaded. I haven't found any other software to work on the fisheye format, you? 

You should stay away from this camera until they provide an export of 360 photos and videos to Youtube and Facebook out of the box. It looks like it does a good job, but you can only see the results on your phone, this is very limiting...

Guest Alex_Guys   
Guest Alex_Guys

Jus got the Anethic version of this... using XDV360 now... gotta get a mem card yet..

I  jus had a question..   Is the display on the phone different from the display output from the camera??

The live stream seems to be downsampled from the real video recorded.

Guest Alex_Guys   
Guest Alex_Guys

Hello Alex_Guys

Could You tell me if this  XDV360 app  needs a gyroscope to work ?

Thanks

it shouldn't need it as there is a button to activate or deactivate the gyro on the App

Guest Tino   
Guest Tino

Hey guys, are there any solutions to 

- how to activate the Wifi on the phone app?

- what do to with the output (as a square, spherical image is useless)

Any advice? Thank you for your help 

Guest magdesign   
Guest magdesign

Received my camera today.

Quality it pretty good for the price.

Its a bit bad that in the app its only possible to select upwards or downwards position, no 90° wall mount position.

Maybe someone figures out a hack to directly wifi connect with the kodak software....

Guest_Alex_Guys

Thanks for your great tutorial!

Without this trick the camera would not be as useful.

Guest RobbieF   
Guest RobbieF

Just got this camera today.. pretty useless without an export to facebook or YouTube

Just install pixpro sp360 4k. You'll find export to facebook/youtube in "share"

Guest magdesign   
Guest magdesign

The camera is good and has good quality.

About editing: exporting with the kodak software gives black flickers and sometimes doesn't even work.

Googled a long time to find a solution, the only thing really works is adobeAE or PR together with Mettle skybox plugin.

Otherwise the camera is not usable... its a bit sad....

Guest CH   
Guest CH

Just got mine today. Worked fine until I changed the password. Now the app won't accept my new password beacuase letters are defaulted to Chinese letters. Should have used numbers. Any idea how to factory reset the camera so I can connect with the cam again?

Guest Daniel Portugal   
Guest Daniel Portugal

If you're recording on normal orientation (with the camera facing upwards, instead of downwards), you can simply use this program to inject metadata into the video:

Windows: https://github.com/google/spatial-media/releases/download/v2.0/360.Video.Metadata.Tool.win.zip
MAC: https://github.com/google/spatial-media/releases/download/v2.0/360.Video.Metadata.Tool.mac.zip

Afterwards, you can upload it to Youtube or Facebook and it will recognize it as a 360 video, adjusting everything for you.

BUT, it doesn't work for inverted orientation (when the camera is facing downwards). For that, I think you really need to use the pixpro sp360 4k program (I'll test it tonight).

Guest gamut   
Guest gamut

I've been hacking this camera here.

The XDV app sucks and makes potato quality footage. Makes a good player though if you're using the PC version. Forget about photo quality at the moment. 1440x1440 and 2xxx by 2xxx videos are OK after modification. Turned upwards you get so much sky and lose 90% of your best pixels to it. Most of the action is relegated to the edges of the lens/sensor where there is wavy distortion. Still... much better than paying multiple 100s of dollars for a "real" camera.

Guest Tman   
Guest Tman

Hey guys,

when i am connecting the camera via USB i can download the images no problem.

How can i convert the square 'fisheye' image to a 2:1 panorama?

When i download the images from the camera to my iphone and then use the media browser to i.e. email them in the rectangular format, it has lost a lot of image size and it is also a very complicated way.

Questions:

- is there software to convert the raw images to rectangular panorama?

- is there firmware to have the option of downloading multiple images?

Thanks so much for your help –

Tom

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

Guest_AlexGuys_ -- you mentioned using PixPro 360 4K software to do the export, but adding a single file to the "List of input files" and it comes back with File damaged or unable to be recognized. Any idea? The version is 2.1.2.0 that i downloaded. I haven't found any other software to work on the fisheye format, you? 

Does anyone have a solution for this?  I'm having the same issue with the error using the kodakpixpro 360 4k software.   

Guest Nipo   
Guest Nipo

I had same too, until I realized that all you have to do is to double click the Disk icon under the "Path" section and give path to your video files.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Mc Boy
      What can you write about this comparison Sunchip Panorama XDV360 vs. DETU Sphere 800 vs. Chenci360 vs. Eloam SYL-668.

Which low-cost sport action cam (price of all is propably under 120$) is the best for you and why?

Here is another comparison for 4 cheap 360-degree cameras
      OKAA 360 vs X360 vs Cube360 vs Amkov AMK100S

http://360camerasforums.com/index.php?/topic/53-okaa-360-vs-x360-vs-cube360-vs-amkov-amk100s/

Chenci 360

SYL668

XDV360

DETU 800

• By Gary G
      What do you think what are the best 360° cameras for less than 150 $?