360° Cameras and Videos Forums
Guest kman

Record while charging?

Guest kman   
Guest kman

I'm looking at buying this to mount on the roof of a car on a racetrack. Looking for 3hrs of continuous recording.

I can power it from the car's 12V supply.

Can the LG 360 Cam record while it's being charged? 

It can, would need a tripod spacer to make it work as the port is on the bottom. 

Also there is no way ive seen to make it record for 3 hours continuously in 360 mode as the max is 20 minutes, as fas as i know 180 has no limit.  

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

It can, would need a tripod spacer to make it work as the port is on the bottom. 

Also there is no way ive seen to make it record for 3 hours continuously in 360 mode as the max is 20 minutes, as fas as i know 180 has no limit.  

Great. That's helpful info. So 20min max in 360? Is that because it runs out of SD space or can I simply turn it back on again and get another 20?

Haven't found any data on how much space it uses either. Any idea how much SD card space it takes for those 20mins at max res 30fps?

Guest Chris DiMisa   
Guest Chris DiMisa

I don't think it has been lifted. Just wanted to add that it;s either 20 mins OR 4GB, whichever comes first!

Guest Francis   
Guest Francis

I think the 20 minutes limit is lifted, I was able to continue record for more than an hour. But file size is limited to 4GB, so it will create another file once it hit the memory limit.

Has anyone test how long the battery last when continue video recording?

Guest Alan555   
Guest Alan555

Hi Guys,

I found it did record the first 20 minutes, but after that, it cannot record it for another 20 minutes, maybe just a few minutes and then it stopped. I don't know the reason for that when the battery is still strong > 60%. I am wondering if it is too hot to record any more.

Do you have the similar problem, or mine is weak?

Thanks

Alan

Guest xiaohui   
Guest xiaohui

Today, I caught the alert, flashed and disappeared very quickly. I captured it said "Recording Stopped due to 360 CAM temperature". It will happen when you finish the first 20 minutes. You won't be able to take another 20 minutes if you don't take any cooling procedure.