360° Cameras and Videos Forums
Waref

Best way to film 360 POV video?

Hey all,

What is the best way to capture a POV 360 video, where I don't have the POV person in shot? Did anyone experience with that? Is it doable with a self made setup where I have 3 BlackMagic Micro cameras mounted on front of the person and 3 mounted on his back? In case yes, what would the stitching workflow look like?

Thanks,

Waref

Consider that in any multicamera 360 rig, the cameras have to be LOCKED into position relative to each other.  The thing you describe would be a 3 foot diameter ball of plastic with six cameras affixed and someone wearing it like a halloween costume.  And then his legs are still in the shot.

Helmet-mounted is the closest you can get to your goal without going off the deep end trying to create something.  If you do take that dive, report back with photos!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By twerkken
      I wanted to start a thread where people could post 360 cameras/rigs that they are selling.  Please visit this thread if you are interested in buying or selling a used 360 rig.  

I will start this off with our 360 Rize 7 camera rig.  If you are interested, take a look here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/360RIZE-Pro7-v2-360-Degree-Video-Gear-w-7-GoPro-Lot-/132166536135?hash=item1ec5bd4bc7:g:KrgAAOSw3ZRY-lFN
    • By time_traveler
      Check out the video here : 

Link to buy adapter: http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/172519090097?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

• By tunneldave
      Just tried out the Gear 360 mounted on my crash helmet. Pleased with the results bearing in mind that the upload to YouTube was as a relatively low resolution. Just waiting for Samsung to release the waterproof housing in the UK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgPswc8R-Lo
    • By Iulian
      Hello everyone,

I’m not sure where to post this exactly, so I hope this is correctly placed.

I am selling my brand new Nokia Ozo 360 Camera, which I am sure you have all heard of. The product is brand new, it has a warranty from Nokia, and it comes with a 5K discount from the normal price. All monitoring accessories are included in the package as a bonus! Transport case is also included!

The camera is located in Eastern Europe.

For more details please PM or email to epic(at)9epic.com

Thank you for your time!

• By Iulian
      Hi there. My name is Iulian, I'm from Bucharest, Romania and I'm 25. In mid 2016 I acquired the brand new Nokia OZO, great camera with so many ups in technology. Was thinking about travelling all over the world with it shooting wildlife, but I think I'm going to have to skip this dream of mine. Maybe sell the camera.