360° Cameras and Videos Forums
Guest Milleker

Insta360Studio most options Greyed out

Guest Milleker   
Guest Milleker

When using Insta360 Studio version 2.6 on x64 installs of Windows 8.1 on a laptop (1366x768 resolution), desktop (1920x1080 resolution with two additional monitors) and x64 Windows 7 on a laptop, any useful options in Insta360 Studio are greyed out. 

I can import images and video, play the video (not as a 360), change the image view like Little Planet or Crystal Ball, go full screen and save a low resolution screenshot. Everything on the right is greyed out, including the most important button - Export. Can't select Recorder at the top for video or even adjust things like keyframe on the video in the timeline view. 

Even assumed maybe in version 2.6 Insta decided to take away functionality and found a copy of 2.3 and 2.4 - no go. Even tried creating an account using Google Translate to translate the Chinese login site but kept getting errors in the process, even though every tutorial video I've seen on YouTube didn't require a login.

Am I doing something monumentally wrong? Opening Ricoh Theta S images, video, images from other cameras online hoping it was an EXIF issue. Still no luck.

Thanks,
 -John

Ok, so Insta360 Studio requires 2:1 aspect ratio. If your camera doesn't record in 2:1, the options will be greyed out. For example, on the Nikon Keymission, 4K mode gives 3840 x 2160 which is not 2:1 so you need to shoot your video at the 1920 mode which shoots 3840 x 1920.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.