360° Cameras and Videos Forums
Guest Sue

LG 360 Cam Upload 360 Video on YouTube

Guest Sue   
Guest Sue

Hello all

How can I upload current (not live) 360 videos from my LG camera to YouTube account

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

Sue I'm in trouble too.

Can someone write step by step how upload video from LG cam to youtube?

Thanks

Richie

Guest jeffhtg   
Guest jeffhtg

You have to use the Samsung 360 app - its currently the only way for videos to correctly be shared to FB or YT.

I have had success getting the video from the camera to the desktop and on to YouTube. Had to jump through a bunch of hoops, but it did work finally.

My initial process pipeline:

1. shoot 360 video with camera
  2. download to phone [using LG 360 Cam Manager app]
  3. upload video to Google photos
  4. download video to desktop (note: Google Photos reduces video size to 33.92%)
  5. run video through Spatial Media Metadata Injector [set to spherical]
  6. Upload to YouTube

The metadata app (Mac and PC) is available from this page, in the "prepare for upload section".
https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6178631?hl=en

See updated process below.

Updated process pipeline:

3. connect phone to computer
  4. download video to desktop folder
    1. Can edit with Adobe Premiere
  6. Upload to YouTube

This process maintains original video quality.

The metadata app (Mac and PC) is available from this page, in the "prepare for upload section".
https://support.goog...r/6178631?hl=en

Guest Uwe Loewer   
Guest Uwe Loewer

Hi lunadude,

this is exactly the right way to keep the 2k quality...BEFORE your upload to YouTube.....but then...

...the internal YouTube post Processing, after the upload, messes around with the quality....

Less details, more blurry, Color distortions at the edges become more visible, two big "Black Holes" on top and bottom view of the Cam, where there is none in the original Video, and worst, the great wide angle of view is changed to a "close up"....

Youtube should be ashamed.....Hope they will improve their import technique....

This is my example of what YouTube made from my 2k Video:

The original processed vid on my Computer is much more better than what YT has made out of it.....

Uwe

Ugg. The black holes are awful.

Here's a test video I edited in Premiere. This is 1920 x 962. I also did a grid overlay to understand the sphere. I got no black holes on top or bottom.

Guest Charlie   
Guest Charlie

I don't know if In just being impatient or if my video is going to stay this way but wow this is beyond horrible, injected spatial metadata using youtube link.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?video_id=WO1Z0YvnQdU&video_referrer=watch

Just uploaded to Facebook and its just as distorted. Not sure why I am not seeing good results like other users using same method with same camera :-/

I don't know if In just being impatient or if my video is going to stay this way but wow this is beyond horrible, injected spatial metadata using youtube link.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?video_id=WO1Z0YvnQdU&video_referrer=watch

(I can't see your link.) Did you download the video to your phone, before uploading? If you just grabbed the video off the camera's card, injected the metadata, and uploaded to YouTube, it would look awful.

Guest tamtam207   
Guest tamtam207

Is there any tweak or something to make the desktop LG 360 Cam Viewer a bit faster?

Or is it my PC ? Intel i5, 8GB RAM :)

K-Lite codec tweak or something, which is being used, and I know nothing about it.

Finger crossed, hopefully the result is good!

Guest tamtam207   
Guest tamtam207

Well, I tested using the LG 360 Cam Viewer method.

And the result is very bad!

I dropped the video file from the cam into the app, and it begun converting. After about 40 minutes (3 minutes video), it finished.

I got the "Result" file which is half the size of the original.

Uploaded to YouTube and the resolution can only be 360p :(

Really bad, and I don't know what's wrong.

UPDATE: Apparently, I need to wait some time. After that, I was able to see the uploaded video on 1440p quality in YouTube.

But still, I think the quality might be worse, I don't know.

The result file from the LG 360 Cam Viewer desktop app is just "half" the size of the original video (non-stitched).

Probably it's compressed a lot :(

If anyone know how to tweak the K-Lite codec to improve the image quality, please share. 

Hi tamtam207.  What you're seeing is normal.  When you first upload the file to YouTube, you will at first see just the equirectangular (warped) image.  Then after a while, you'll see it in 360 degrees, but limited to 360p.  Then if you wait some more it will be visible in its full resolution.

Yes, YouTube compression is somewhat high.  Have you tried VR.Gopro.com ? They said it is higher quality, though I haven't tried it.

Best regards,

Mic

With version R10510h of the 360 Cam and 5.1.5 of the 360 Cam Manager app, you can now upload video to Youtube directly from the phone and keep the image quality.  You no longer need to download to a computer first, nor do you need to change the meta data.

You do still have to wait for youtube to process the video in 360 though - which can take 15-20 minutes depending on how long the video is.

With version R10510h of the 360 Cam and 5.1.5 of the 360 Cam Manager app, you can now upload video to Youtube directly from the phone and keep the image quality.  You no longer need to download to a computer first, nor do you need to change the meta data.

You do still have to wait for youtube to process the video in 360 though - which can take 15-20 minutes depending on how long the video is.

We've been able to upload directly to YouTube from the start. YouTube still needs a little while to process.

That's interesting, because they wouldn't upload for me as 360 videos when I first got the camera unless I used the Spatial Media Metadata app.  Without using that, they would just appear as flat file videos (even after waiting for youtube to process).

Now I no longer need to use the app - youtube recognizes them as 360 directly from the phone/camera.  

Guest Eduardo   
Guest Eduardo

Updated process pipeline:

3. connect phone to computer
  4. download video to desktop folder
    1. Can edit with Adobe Premiere
  6. Upload to YouTube

This process maintains original video quality.

https://support.goog...r/6178631?hl=en

Sorry but if i add the file song and i see normal view the video previus to generate the new file to updata youtube, what step do you make in Adobe Premiere

Sorry but if i add the file song and i see normal view the video previus to generate the new file to updata youtube, what step do you make in Adobe Premiere

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking, but I'll take my best guess.

1. Edit with Adobe Premiere (add music or graphics)
  2. Export video from Premiere
  3. run video through Spatial Media Metadata Injector [set to spherical]
  4. Upload to YouTube

The new version of Premiere has support for 360 video and will export with the proper metadata. This cuts out the need for the Spatial Media Metadata Injector. Fewer steps.

So now it is:

1. Edit with Adobe Premiere (add music or graphics)
  2. Export video from Premiere with 360 video settings
  3. Upload to YouTube

Yeah, but Adobe Premiere is very expensive tool! :)

There are cheaper tools out there (even free ones). You could edit your video and add music in pretty much anything that supports that size frame output. Then save it out and inject the metadata, then upload to YouTube.