Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vance

Insta360 air issues and bugs

Guest Vance

I just got mine today, March 27, 2017 with the mini-usb connector.  It is not long enough if you have a case on your phone.  I had to modify my case with a Dremel tool (grinding tool) to provide more clearance for the camera ball to sit down on the existing mini-usb port.  An elegant solution would be to supply an extension for the mini-usb port or optional longer one that could be fitted.   This will be a problem also on my tablet -  didn't they test the Insta-360 with CASES on them to ensure the connector was long enough?   

I am surprised there is no video walking all through the setup.  New owners may not know the app flips the screen upside down.

I am old school.  I expect better documentation, even online, to show the setup process and what to expect.  This trend by millenials to just provide minimal documentation and expect the user to experiment is not user friendly.

Also, I would THINK you would provide info on how this works with each social media, rather than expect me to experiment without any understanding of the operating methods.  You don't even explain that in your marketing video which is inane.    

Additionally, I just went to the recommended site to download the driver for the PC and found it is not available yet.  Why don't you at least provide an expected deadline for the driver?

Finally, when I researched this and reviewed your sales info on Amazon, there WAS NO INFO I FOUND EXPLAINING WHAT THE DIFFERENCE WAS BETWEEN THE TYPE-C OR THE MINI-USB ADAPTER AND WHY IT WAS IMPORTANT.  A novice would have just ordered one without thinking of it, and sure enough there was a review where the guy did order the wrong camera for his Android.  I think you need more educated marketing people, or you are used to fixing these glitches which isn't a sound customer approach.

( I was an enterprise software developer working on business workflow systems and we always had more documentation for customers).

Guest ShmuelB

Hello!

I have not been successful sharing the video locally to my phone from the app. This seems a necessary step to sharing it on the web. My screen shows exporting, 1% for a long time, and I eventually stop the process.

I tried initially to upload from the app directly to facebook; linked my account, etc., however trouble shooting that issue, I learned that the path is 1. export it to the photos app, 2. share to online platform.

By the way I am using an LG Nexus 5X.

Good day!

Guest Thomas

I haven't been able to use it as a PC webcam on my Windows laptop due to the driver not being signed. Windows keeps blocking it every time I try to install it. 

Guest Vance

Here it is Nov. 6, 2017 and Insta360 download softwares still are not legal according to Microsoft.   I submitted a question to support and I swear they have teenagers answering who can't understand issues.  

Additionally, I asked them how to run my Insta360 Air as a camera on a laptop using the usb extender which THEY SUPPLIED AND SHOWED WORKING IN ADS, BUT the teenager replied saying it works as a cam but supplied NO DETAILS HOW TO DO IT>  Insta is a prime case of engineers developing a product without any ability to explain how to use promised features.  

As for the issue of the usb connector not working with phone cases, I also had to modify my case, then track down a one inch mini extender, but the problem (also not answered by the teenager) is that the phone battery runs out and you cannot also connect an external battery charger for long videos.

Insta360 sounds good but the crappy documentation and poor help staff result in me warning others not to buy Insta products unless you are Chinese and living in China.  Us communications is really sparse.

Guest Tony Gomes

Hi, I recently bought a 360 Air installation, and I have a problem, when I make video at 1240, I get a green dot in the center of the image (watermark), at 960, I no longer have this problem, my phone is a xiaomi note 4, with 4g of RAM. is there any solution to this? Thanks 

Screenshot_2018-04-28-11-21-24-135_com.arashivision.insta360air.png

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this