360° Cameras and Videos Forums
Guest Jeffhtg

Stiching problem when not using phone

Guest Jeffhtg   
Guest Jeffhtg

If you try to copy files from your 360 cam - or just take the SD card out and copy from that; the videos will not properly stitch in Youtube or FB. 

Has anyone figured out how to do this?

Also would LOVE a hack to get past the 20 min record time limit. I don't want to use my phone to transfer files :(

I have had success getting the video from the camera to the desktop and on to YouTube. Had to jump through a bunch of hoops, but it did work finally.

The phone's app has to process the video first, because it dose the stitching. I have not found a desktop application (free or cheap) that might do the trick without it.

Updated process pipeline:

1. shoot 360 video with camera
  2. download to phone [using LG 360 Cam Manager app]
  3. connect phone to computer
  4. download video to desktop folder
    1. Can edit with Adobe Premiere
  5. run video through Spatial Media Metadata Injector [set to spherical]
  6. Upload to YouTube

This process maintains original video quality.

The metadata app (Mac and PC) is available from this page, in the "prepare for upload section".
https://support.goog...r/6178631?hl=en

Guest H_Town_Mike   
Guest H_Town_Mike

How much editing can you do with Premier?  I've been looking to try it but just haven't had a chance.

I really would like to try AutoPano/AutoVideo, etc. to try and edit and stitch these videos.

How much editing can you do with Premier?  I've been looking to try it but just haven't had a chance.

I really would like to try AutoPano/AutoVideo, etc. to try and edit and stitch these videos.

Been using it (Premiere) for years. Already had it on my desktop. You know what they say, 'when you have a hammer, every problem looks like a nail'.   ;)

Guest Gratwick360   
Guest Gratwick360

Been using it for years. Already had it on my desktop. You know what they say, 'when you have a hammer, every problem looks like a nail'.   ;)

How are you able to use Autopano Video for LG 360 video? When I use it, it wants footage from multiple camera files, not just a single file that has dual lenses that need to be stitched.

How are you able to use Autopano Video for LG 360 video? When I use it, it wants footage from multiple camera files, not just a single file that has dual lenses that need to be stitched.

My apologies for not being clear. I am using Premiere Pro.

I tried a demo version of Autopano and had the same issue. It wants to stitch many videos, not help with the one we have from the 360 Cam.