360° Cameras and Videos Forums
fredhonrado

Samsung Gear 360 (2017) - Attention: can't be repaired!

I've recently bought the newest model of samsung gear 360, and unfortunately broke the exterior lens the first time I tried it. It fell from a 1.5M tripod and the that was it.

Searched online and noticed information about the previous model, in which the lens could be easily replaced. However didn't find anything about this new model (probably I was the first in the world to break the lens).

Sent the camera to 2 official repairers and both gave me the same answer: the lens can't be repaired, you need to buy a new one.

Any one had the same problem yet? Is it possible that this model doesn't have reparation for such a common accident? In the previous model there was a solution, so how the new model be worst in this aspect?

Don't let it fall! You will need to buy a new one! 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By longkimneou
      Hi all, I just bought Samsung Gear 360 and been doing test shot. the quality is so low that i believe this is not the real quality that camera can do. i use it through google street view app. can you advise mw what is the best seeting for this app? or maybe samsung has error for it software?
    • By Sameed
      Hey guys. I need to shoot 360 video from the point of view of a biker for a project for a client. The produced video will be viewed on the Samsung Gear VR. I bought the Samsung Gear 360 and shot the video using it. On the phone, the quality looks great, however the footage looks very lackluster when viewed on the Gear VR. The Gear 360 also has focus issues and one side is sharper. 

Now, I need to purchase a new camera for the shoot. Right now I'm considering the Dual Kodak SP360 setup, however if there is a better option available please let me know. I know the Six GoPro setup will give me the best quality but I don't think I'll be able to mount that rig on an helmet or on a bike. 
    • By YiXun
      Can Nico360 be the best 360 camera ever?

Nico360 vs. Ricoh Theta S vs. Samsung Gear 360

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-world-s-smallest-360-camera-nico360-vr#/

• By Felix1976
      Now lots of 360-degree cameras record videos in 4k quality. Here you can discuss about this comparison
      Samsung Gear 360 vs. Bublcam vs. Kodak Pixpro SP360 4K vs. Vuze 3D vs. 360fly 4K
      We can say that it is middle class.

Samsung Gear 360 cost 350$
      Bubl cam cost 799$
      Kodak SP360-4K cost 449$
      Vuze 3D camera pre-order price 799$ (but it is shipping with VR Headset, so cost more)
      360fly 4K about 500$

Which of these 360 cameras has the best value price/qulity in your opinion?
      How they work under water and how at night?

Which cam would you like to have if price doesn't matter for you? You can vote or write your thoughts

Samsung Gear 360

Bublcam

Kodak Pixpro SP360 4K

Vuze 3D

360fly 4K