>> Our 360 Cameras Comparison <<

Latest Posts

Real HDRI
Views: 56   replies: 2
Last Reply: sapedPem (Yesterday, 06:31 PM)
Discounts! best mens hair products Products which fall under th...
Discounts! man hair style
Views: 27   replies: 3
Last Reply: zapedPem (Yesterday, 06:11 PM)
Discounts! best of beauty Products which fall under this return...
Google Cardboard
Views: 1,397   replies: 5
Last Reply: MichaelNailk (Yesterday, 04:33 PM)
Простенький джойнер (склейщик файлов) с удобным интерфейсом. Загрузить Зеркало
I love Pacquiao . are you fan of him?
Views: 42   replies: 1
Last Reply: sapedPem (Yesterday, 06:53 AM)
Discounts! great product pages Products which fall under this r...
Lg Bridge can't detect Lg 360 cam
Views: 39   replies: 2
Last Reply: zapedPem (Yesterday, 06:32 AM)
Discounts! top new products 2017 Products which fall under this...

Recent Topics

Photo

LG Support

support repair

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 lunadude

lunadude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 01 June 2016 - 06:20 PM

Warning: LG does not support or offer repair on the 360 Cam. It is considered a promo item that is given away with a new phone.

My camera fell over on the concrete and nicked one of the lenses (two days after I bought it). I called LG's support (5 separate times) and finally they told me they do not repair the camera.

I used the LiveChat a number of times and sent in my camera for evaluation. Took a half a month to log it into their facility, after I had confirmation of it's delivery. Then it took a couple weeks to evaluate and respond. Ultimately they sent a replacement camera. Thanks LG!  :) 

Next time I research cameras, I'll seriously look at support.  B)

#2 Guest_Joao_*

Guest_Joao_*
    • Guests

Posted 03 June 2016 - 10:00 AM

they also forget to explain that the camera only works with 10% of the mobile phones available. you only find out the mobile requirements when you buy it and open the box. shame on you LG!

#3 lunadude

lunadude

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 133 posts

Posted 10 June 2016 - 02:26 AM

Update: I got a different answer when I did the LiveChat on the LG site. They said there was a repair option for the camera and gave me an address to ship it to. They'll evaluate and contact me with potential actions. I choose to move forward or not and they ship it back.

Will keep you posted.

(Lesson here: use the LiveChat for support.)

#4 lunadude

lunadude

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 133 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 05:04 AM

I got notice that my camera is being shipped back and should arrive tomorrow.

#5 lunadude

lunadude

Advanced Member

• Members
        • PipPipPip
        • 133 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 09:00 PM

Package delivered. Opened to find that LG had replaced my unit with a new one at no charge. Very happy. She connects and is working.  :)

#6 admin

admin

Administrator

• Administrators
          • 42 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 09:18 PM

Good to know that LG takes care of owners LG 360 Cam.

Good luck with "new" camera. :)

Name of thread changed as you wished.

#7 lunadude

lunadude

Advanced Member

• Members
            • PipPipPip
            • 133 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 12:51 AM

Good to know that LG takes care of owners LG 360 Cam.

Good luck with "new" camera. :)

Name of thread changed as you wished.

Thanks muchly!

I am MUCH more conscious of protecting the lenses.

#8 vedder316

vedder316

• Members
              • Pip
              • 2 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 03:00 PM

Did you receive your cam via promotion?  I got mine free with my LG G5 phone.  My daughter knowcked the cam over and cracked the lens.  They are telling me they cannot fix it due to it being a promotional item?  

#9 lunadude

lunadude

Advanced Member

• Members
                • PipPipPip
                • 133 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 03:15 AM

Did you receive your cam via promotion?  I got mine free with my LG G5 phone.  My daughter knowcked the cam over and cracked the lens.  They are telling me they cannot fix it due to it being a promotional item?  

I purchased mine. Already have a phone I like.

I have taken to only using a tripod, never the camera base. I don't trust it.

#10 xenz

xenz

• Members
                  • Pip
                  • 6 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 04:12 AM

Hi Lunadude, wondered if you mind sharing the LG address you got from LG live Chat ?  I believe mine was defective from the start, the rear lens was out of focus on near the edge of the lens causing like 1/8 of the 180 photo was blur/out of focus. I learnt from your post and did a live chat, but all they did was refer me to the "Request a Repair" page on their site https://www.lg.com/u...epair-continued or did you went through the same page ?

#11 lunadude

lunadude

Advanced Member

• Members
                    • PipPipPip
                    • 133 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 02:28 PM

The LiveChat folks helped me get the information into the 'Request a Repair' system. They gave me an RA (repair authorization) number and the address to send it to.

Do you have an RA yet? If not, sending the camera is not likely to get any response. If you do, label your package with the RA.

LG Wireless
                      2155 Eagle Pkwy, Dock 2
                      Fort Worth, TX 76177

#12 xenz

xenz

• Members
                      • Pip
                      • 6 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:10 AM

Thank you for the heads up on the RA number !  you're right, I guess without RA number, sending in the camera won't do much good.

I haven't gone through the 'Request A Repair' system yet, since I'm heading for vacation pretty soon, I'll bring my 360 camera to take some 345 degree shot (the rest of the 15degree was out of focus/blurred) and will file a request after I come back.  

Do you get the RA number from the Request Repair system ?  I would assume if I file the request properly, they will give me a RA number and the address.

#13 lunadude

lunadude

Advanced Member

• Members
                        • PipPipPip
                        • 133 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 07:24 AM

I got help through the LiveChat support. They set it up and I got an email with the RA number. Then I was able to check back in the system to see the progress.

Did you purchase your camera or did you get it as an incentive for buying an LG phone? The repair option availability may be tied to how you got it. Not sure, so ask questions in the LiveChat.

#14 xenz

xenz

• Members
                          • Pip
                          • 6 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 03:29 AM

I purchased mine via Amazon, I hope it's qualify for that. I did a few live chat last month - once I mentioned Amazon they told me to deal with the seller directly. I noticed they require me to upload the receipt, I guess I'll know once I filed the request.

#15 lunadude

lunadude

Advanced Member

• Members
                            • PipPipPip
                            • 133 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 07:34 PM

Yeah, they wanted me to deal with the AT&T store I bought mine at. The store wouldn't cover or deal with it. I had to reiterate that several times with the LiveChat support.

Stick with it.

#16 xenz

xenz

• Members
                              • Pip
                              • 6 posts

Posted 13 September 2016 - 11:13 PM

Came back from my vacation and took quite a bit of 345 degree photos and video :)

And last week, I finally went through the LG Request a Repair procedure, it's not as easy as it seems and here's why, hope the information can help other LG 360 cam owner.

Slightly long story

----------------------

When I click Support > Request a Repair I was presented with two choice, Mobile Device Repair and TV/Audio/Video/Appliances/Computer Repair.  Our camera was classified as Mobile Device, but you won't able to find the model number if you choose Mobile Device Repair (go figure), so I chose the TV/Audio/Video... and searching model LGR105 yield result, I choose the stand alone one instead of AT&T, T-mobile...etc (I guess these were bundled one).  it also asked for Serial Number and Purhcase date so I put those in.  After agreeing to the policy and entered all my contact information, it present me with a case number of some sort and was told someone from LG will contact me later.  I did received an email the next day greeting me with my case number, but I was asked to re-create a new request and submit the invoice as proof of purhcase !   Thought I missed something so I go ahead and re-create another one, doing exactly the same thing like the day before, but no where along the way can I find anywhere to upload my invoice. so I submit and got another case number.  the next day, I got another email asking me the same thing again - please recreate new request and submit invoice.  (wtf).

I did a live chat afterwards, presenting the TWO case number I received and told them there's no where I can upload invoice. The lady ask me to file via Mobile Device Repair where it has the field to upload documents, and I told her the model can't be found in Mobile Repair.  She was a bit confused but she tried herself and finally realized something wasn't quite right on their website. After agreeing I did went in circle, she told me to goto www.lg.com > Support > Request a Repair, scroll to the bottom of the page and look for Additional Support section and find Document Upload (in short go here : http://www.lg.com/us...oof-of-purchase ) it will ask for case number and then allow me to upload my invoice.  I do so while I'm still on chat with her. She verified and issued a RA number right there.  Sent me a Fedex waybill and packing information via email.

Now with RA number, I'll sent in the unit soon and wait.  

I'm glad I got the RA number, not easy though.  Like lunadude said - need to research on Support next time before making purchases.  Hope this information helps.

In short.

----------

1. goto  lg.com > click support on top > choose Request a Repair

2. choose TV/Audio/Video, Appliances & Computer Repair

3. sign in to your MyLG account (if you don't have one, create one and come back here)

4. enter Model Number, Serial number, Purchase installation date > click Next

5. agree all policy > click Next

6. enter all contact information > click Next

7. you'll get the case number on screen and via email

8. go back to lg.com > click support > choose Request a Repair > scroll down to bottom of page > look for support section at bottom of page > Additional Support > click Document Upload

9. type in the Case number you got

10. upload your invoice as proof of purchase.

Done.

11. if failed, do a live chat with your case number handy and prepare to chat with them.

• lunadude likes this

#17 xenz

xenz

• Members
                                • Pip
                                • 6 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 04:04 AM

update:

Took a week to reach LG repair center @ Fort Worth, TX.    The very next day I received an email saying LG shipped my LG360 and it's on its way back to me.   WTF ?  I jump on chat right away and asked them if they can tell what has been done to my LG360 cam, the support rep said they replaced a brand new one and it's on its way to me overnight !   O_O   wow !

Got my replacement 360 the next day, connect and work beautifully and I got a full 360degree-in-focus-all-working camera. very happy. and thank you lunadude for your assistance.

• lunadude likes this

#18 lunadude

lunadude

Advanced Member

• Members
                                  • PipPipPip
                                  • 133 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 05:26 AM

Woot! Another success story.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: support, repair

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users