Came back from my vacation and took quite a bit of 345 degree photos and video
And last week, I finally went through the LG Request a Repair procedure, it's not as easy as it seems and here's why, hope the information can help other LG 360 cam owner.
Slightly long story
When I click Support > Request a Repair I was presented with two choice, Mobile Device Repair and TV/Audio/Video/Appliances/Computer Repair. Our camera was classified as Mobile Device, but you won't able to find the model number if you choose Mobile Device Repair (go figure), so I chose the TV/Audio/Video... and searching model LGR105 yield result, I choose the stand alone one instead of AT&T, T-mobile...etc (I guess these were bundled one). it also asked for Serial Number and Purhcase date so I put those in. After agreeing to the policy and entered all my contact information, it present me with a case number of some sort and was told someone from LG will contact me later. I did received an email the next day greeting me with my case number, but I was asked to re-create a new request and submit the invoice as proof of purhcase ! Thought I missed something so I go ahead and re-create another one, doing exactly the same thing like the day before, but no where along the way can I find anywhere to upload my invoice. so I submit and got another case number. the next day, I got another email asking me the same thing again - please recreate new request and submit invoice. (wtf).
I did a live chat afterwards, presenting the TWO case number I received and told them there's no where I can upload invoice. The lady ask me to file via Mobile Device Repair where it has the field to upload documents, and I told her the model can't be found in Mobile Repair. She was a bit confused but she tried herself and finally realized something wasn't quite right on their website. After agreeing I did went in circle, she told me to goto www.lg.com > Support > Request a Repair, scroll to the bottom of the page and look for Additional Support section and find Document Upload (in short go here : http://www.lg.com/us...oof-of-purchase ) it will ask for case number and then allow me to upload my invoice. I do so while I'm still on chat with her. She verified and issued a RA number right there. Sent me a Fedex waybill and packing information via email.
Now with RA number, I'll sent in the unit soon and wait.
I'm glad I got the RA number, not easy though. Like lunadude said - need to research on Support next time before making purchases. Hope this information helps.
1. goto lg.com > click support on top > choose Request a Repair
2. choose TV/Audio/Video, Appliances & Computer Repair
3. sign in to your MyLG account (if you don't have one, create one and come back here)
4. enter Model Number, Serial number, Purchase installation date > click Next
5. agree all policy > click Next
6. enter all contact information > click Next
7. you'll get the case number on screen and via email
8. go back to lg.com > click support > choose Request a Repair > scroll down to bottom of page > look for support section at bottom of page > Additional Support > click Document Upload
9. type in the Case number you got
10. upload your invoice as proof of purchase.
11. if failed, do a live chat with your case number handy and prepare to chat with them.