>> Our 360 Cameras Comparison <<

Latest Posts

XEvil 3.0: распознавание капч Google, Яндекса, Facebook, VKontakte
Views: 588   replies: 134
Last Reply: capedPem (Today, 02:59 PM)
Discounts! what is the best selling product Products which fall...
360 Camera with Zoom
Views: 694   replies: 75
Last Reply: kapedPem (Today, 02:30 PM)
Discounts! best mens hair wax Products which fall under this re...
CES 2017—Best animated virtual reality music video!
Views: 301   replies: 21
Last Reply: papedPem (Today, 02:20 PM)
Discounts! the best hair gel Products which fall under this ret...
LG 360 Cam tripod
Views: 1,313   replies: 40
Last Reply: Allysonpn (Today, 02:01 PM)
Сплит
FluidCast VR Opening Texas-Based Virtual Reality Studio
Views: 679   replies: 64
Last Reply: Allysonpn (Today, 01:59 PM)
Сплит

Recent Topics

Having issues

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Brithish_*

Guest_Brithish_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2016 - 10:15 AM

Hi Everyone!
Hoping you may be able to give me some guidance, picked up an LG 360 cam a couple of days back, and am loving it. However I am running into issues attempting to upload the video files, as when I try to share to Facebook or YouTube they only seem to upload as flat footage as opposed to spherical... the connected phone is a Nexus 5x running Marshmallow and the Cam software is also up to date.
Thanks for any advice,
Cheers,
Andrew

#2 warwound

warwound

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, UK

Posted 19 June 2016 - 03:05 PM

When you upload a spherical video to You Tube, it first appears as flat video.

In the background You Tube is processing the uploaded spherical video and at some point you'll see that your uploaded video now plays as a spherical video.

Are you giving You Tube enough time to process your video - a couple of minutes might be all that it takes.

#3 vansmack

vansmack

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, CA

Posted 22 June 2016 - 05:15 PM

Also - have you updated the firmware on your camera?  The most recent firmware will correct metadata that FB and Youtube need to see to recognize your photos/videos as 360.

In addition, if you edit your photos or videos at all, you'll have to check your metadata to make sure the LG 360 parts weren't stripped.

• tamtam207 likes this

#4 Guest_Darren_*

Guest_Darren_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2016 - 08:44 PM

I've been checking the exif data and some images have the camera make model ( as Facebook requests) and some don't - I think there's an issue with the camera manager app stripping the data on transfer

#5 Guest_Jim Walsh_*

Guest_Jim Walsh_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2016 - 04:17 PM

I had the same problem. I was able to fix it by adding back the camera model to the exif data. When i did that, my photo posted to Facebook as a spherical photo. I learned about this from this Facebook article: https://facebook360....cting-metadata/

#6 Guest_Jim Walsh_*

Guest_Jim Walsh_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2016 - 04:35 PM

Further to my last reply, i satisfactorily used this iPhone app, "ExifEditor", to add back the camera metadata.

Too bad LG's camera manager app strips this out. A severe oversight for software that's intended to let you post directly to Facebook.

I called LG, and the tech stated this happens because i wasn't using their Android phone! How am i supposed to do that with THEIR ios app?! Another sign that LG hasn't yet got its act together to sort this promising product. I hope they fix this problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users