Latest Posts

Skybox Studio by Mettle
Views: 505   replies: 48
Last Reply: Allysonpn (Today, 01:21 PM)
Сплит
XEvil 3.0: распознавание капч Google, Яндекса, Facebook, VKontakte
Views: 583   replies: 133
Last Reply: mapedPem (Today, 01:20 PM)
Discounts! product beauty Products which fall under this return...
Samsung Gear 360 overheating
Views: 4,031   replies: 255
Last Reply: Allysonpn (Today, 01:20 PM)
Сплит
FluidCast VR Opening Texas-Based Virtual Reality Studio
Views: 669   replies: 60
Last Reply: Allysonpn (Today, 01:19 PM)
Сплит
Know any 360 cameras permanently mounted in CAR ROOF?
Views: 606   replies: 140
Last Reply: Allysonpn (Today, 01:18 PM)
Сплит

Recent Topics

Photo

LG 360 for Haiti Trip?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Stephen Hermer

Stephen Hermer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 July 2016 - 11:49 AM

I am going to Haiti in less than a month, and I want to bring a 360 camera to support my regular photography/videography. I live in Canada where it is difficult/impossible to even see 360 cameras in stores, so I will be purchasing one online this week (I need some time to practice with it before the trip). I am leaning toward the LG 360 but I have some questions that I hope an owner or two can answer.

Has anyone successfully used a tablet with this camera? I got rid of my expensive (again, I am in Canada) cellular plan and phone, so I use a Nexus 7 as my portable android device. Cellular support is spotty or non-existent in many of the places I would use the camera anyway, and I quite like the form factor of the Nexus 7.

How well does the camera work in tight spaces? I do not expect it to be great in low light with the tiny lenses and sensors it has, but would it stitch correctly if used to record in small rooms, or the center of small gatherings (like 6 people playing cars or a board game). I am hoping to use it inside huts, an orphanage, tiny medical clinics, etc. If the photos/video stitch correctly, would the image quality be worse for tighter subjects?

How well does it work in bright light? I have seen some sample footage that looked very overexposed, but I am hoping that experienced users have been able to improve on that.

Finally, if anyone has used portable power banks to recharge the camera, any advice on things to look for or avoid?

Thank you for any insight you may have! I have read a ton of reviews for most/all of the 360 cameras and while I was underwhelmed by sample video quality, the form factor and SD card support seem very compelling for extended "off the grid" use.

Stephen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users