360° Cameras and Videos Forums
Sign in to follow this  
acneil

How to play / host your 360 degree video on a website?

I am not a web designer or website engineer. How would you embed a 360 degree website on a clients website? What are the different methods for having your video play on a client's website? Would you have to host the video or could the website owner host the video? 

Hi acneil. Just to add to what guest said:

youtube is the easiest way to embed a video on a website. You just upload to YT, and when it's processed, click on share and then the "embed" tab. You'll get an iframe tag that you can put on your webpage to embed the video.

Yes there are other ways as well if you don't want to use YouTube, such as using Google's VR Views.

Best regards,

Mic

Thanks for your feedback. I have looked into uploading 360 degree videos onto Youtube to then embed onto a website. I just feel that Youtube is not a professional player to have on some websites. I will look into google's VR views. Are there any more players such as google vr views to play 360 degree videos on a website?

Hi acneil. Sorry I dont know of other alternatives to vr views. Fwiw, google made it open source, so it's possible to customize it if you have the coding skills (I don't :) ).

Best regards,

Mic

https://github.com/flimshaw/Valiant360

About

The aim of this project is to provide a free, minimalist 360 degree video WebGL player for modern browsers. It is implemented as a jQuery plugin, with a limited interface for controlling video playback, and mouse/scrollwheel controls for zooming and panning.

There is currently no mobile support, but as Chrome and Safari mobile editions enable WebGL, this should be forwards-compatible with them.

ive tried to use it but i dont know java very well so if you could use make a tutorial for us