• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 firehouse66

firehouse66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 01:59 AM

How do you change from 2k to 4k video? The videos I've shot are quite blurry. Thanks

#2 Politon

Politon

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 13 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 02:09 AM

If you have a compatible Samsung device( I use a Samsung Galaxy s6 with no peoblems) launch gear 360 app.connect to camera via gear 360 option at top of app. Bottom left corner of screen has an icon of the camera within a yello circle. Select this icon and the next screen should be the live view screen. Amongst the options now available you should see. HDR on/off
      White balance Auto,daylight ,cloudy,incandescent,fluorescent,Aqua..
      Exposure comp.+3 to -3
      Timer Off,2 seconds,5 seconds,10 seconds.
      VIDEO SIZE 3840x1920 sometimes referred to as 4K, 2880x1440,2560x1280(60fps),2560x1280,1929x960..
      That is where you would change in the app.

But if you don't have access to the device with app
      On the camera you have 3 buttons.
      On the left side you have the power/back button and the menu/Bluetooth button.On the Top you have the record button.
      To change to 4K try this.
      Once the camera is on. Push the menu button continuously to scroll through top menu items.
      On my camera the order is : settings,video,photo,time lapse,video looping.
      Scroll through top menu and stop at settings.........
      Push the record button to enter settings menu........
      Push the menu button continuously to scroll the settings option.
      You want VIDEO SIZE. ...
      when you stop scrolling at Video Size push the record button..
      Now continuously push the Menu button to scroll through video size options. ......
      When 3840x1920 appears push the record button and the Menu button simultaneously and that should retain the selection..
      One of these options should answer your question.
      Cheers
      Tony
      • 360rumors likes this

#3 markr041

markr041

• Members
      • PipPip
      • 20 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 12:41 PM

AFAIK, the S6 cannot stitch 4K videos. You will get a 2K stitched video in the phone even if you shot 4K. You must use Action Director to get 4K stitched videos if you have an S6.

• 360rumors likes this

#4 firehouse66

firehouse66

• Members
        • Pip
        • 3 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:31 AM

If you have a compatible Samsung device( I use a Samsung Galaxy s6 with no peoblems) launch gear 360 app.connect to camera via gear 360 option at top of app. Bottom left corner of screen has an icon of the camera within a yello circle. Select this icon and the next screen should be the live view screen. Amongst the options now available you should see. HDR on/off
          White balance Auto,daylight ,cloudy,incandescent,fluorescent,Aqua..
          Exposure comp.+3 to -3
          Timer Off,2 seconds,5 seconds,10 seconds.
          VIDEO SIZE 3840x1920 sometimes referred to as 4K, 2880x1440,2560x1280(60fps),2560x1280,1929x960..
          That is where you would change in the app.
          But if you don't have access to the device with app
          On the camera you have 3 buttons.
          On the left side you have the power/back button and the menu/Bluetooth button.On the Top you have the record button.
          To change to 4K try this.
          Once the camera is on. Push the menu button continuously to scroll through top menu items.
          On my camera the order is : settings,video,photo,time lapse,video looping.
          Scroll through top menu and stop at settings.........
          Push the record button to enter settings menu........
          Push the menu button continuously to scroll the settings option.
          You want VIDEO SIZE. ...
          when you stop scrolling at Video Size push the record button..
          Now continuously push the Menu button to scroll through video size options. ......
          When 3840x1920 appears push the record button and the Menu button simultaneously and that should retain the selection..
          One of these options should answer your question.
          Cheers
          Tony

Hi Tony. Thanks for clearing that up. I'm using a S7 edge. I also read about using a faster SD Card. Would that give me better resolution? The video I'm shooting now is nowhere near the quality of the video I've seen in their print ads.

#5 Politon

Politon

• Members
          • PipPip
          • 13 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 03:14 AM

Its funny but I had mixed results with mine. So much so that I contacted the people I purchased from and they checked my issues with Samsung and subsequently had me return it for Samsung to look at. So I won't be able to check any thing for maybe a couple of weeks.

I'm really bummed about that . My first couple of attempts were really promising with the Standard card that came with the camera and I was pleased with the results but it seemed to deteriorate over the week I had it. Being new to all this , You never know what is acceptable and what is not. I hope I either get it back repaired or replaced sooner rather than later but when I do I will continue testing and making notes.

Cheers

Tony 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 4k, resolution

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users