360° Cameras and Videos Forums
Guest Zayne

Quality of dual 360 degree videos

Guest Zayne   
Guest Zayne

Just got the Kodak sp360 4K camera. I have tested the dual video with both cameras for a full 360 video but when I stitch them together and view the video the quality is not as good as it should be and it seems to lag aswell. Help! :) how can I get the best quality for the 360 degree video.

Just got the Kodak sp360 4K camera. I have tested the dual video with both cameras for a full 360 video but when I stitch them together and view the video the quality is not as good as it should be and it seems to lag aswell. Help! :) how can I get the best quality for the 360 degree video.

How about telling us how exactly you stitched the video, the settings you used in the camera, and the resolution of the video file you say is "not as good as it should be". How are you viewing the video? Any "lag" is a playback problem, not a stitching problem, and maybe the quality problem is a playback problem too. What is your computer? How are you playing the video? What are you watching the video on? If you want help, you have to provide information.

Guest Zayne   
Guest Zayne

Apologies for not providing all the info. Firstly I am viewing it on a normal Dell Windows pic. I am using the free Kodak stitching programs. On the camera I set the quality to 2880 ( which I am assuming is the 4K resolution ). Then I added auto WB. I then synced the cameras to the watch. I then made sure that the cameras were not using front cameras but the 170 degree feature. Hopefully that helps but just wanting to know what the best setting would be for both cameras when doing a 360 degree video.

Guest markr041   
Guest markr041

I am viewing the video through the stitching program once I have exported it.

I do not think the stitching program is good for viewing. You can try the GoPro player, for 360 viewing. Or just Windows media Player to see what the video looks like flat. It should look very good in that. Or how about you upload the video so we can see it?

Guest Zayne   
Guest Zayne

Yes I was thinking the same thing regarding the stitching program so will need to try another one. Also I will need to get bigger memory cards I think. Also windows media player won't be able to play the video with 360 viewing. Will test it though.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.