360° Cameras and Videos Forums

edi1985

What smartphone is compatible with Samsung Gear 360?

Requirements are strict only the newest samsung's phones like Note 5, Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 Edge, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 Edge.

So LG or iPhone don't work with Gear 360 App.

What do you think about it?

Hi edi. You're right only high end Samsung phones are natively compatible. However there is a modified version of the app that can run on other high-end phones, as shown by szeszo.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/mod-samsung-gear-360-manager-device-t3400383

For iPhone there is a workaround using Streetview to trigger the Gear 360 remotely and to get a stitched photo. However it can't trigger video.

http://360rumors.blogspot.com/2016/06/workaround-for-triggering-samsung-gear.html

Best regards,

Mic

Guest Christoph popp

Has anybody tried the Samsung Gt p3113

Androidversion 4.2.2 ?

Just to clarify, the modified app also works on some phones with Android 6. The modified app worked on my s6 with Android 6 but i can't stitch 4k video - only 2k video.

Best regards,

Mic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Sign in with Facebook
    Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• fredhonrado
        By fredhonrado
        I've recently bought the newest model of samsung gear 360, and unfortunately broke the exterior lens the first time I tried it. It fell from a 1.5M tripod and the that was it.

Searched online and noticed information about the previous model, in which the lens could be easily replaced. However didn't find anything about this new model (probably I was the first in the world to break the lens).

Sent the camera to 2 official repairers and both gave me the same answer: the lens can't be repaired, you need to buy a new one.

Any one had the same problem yet? Is it possible that this model doesn't have reparation for such a common accident? In the previous model there was a solution, so how the new model be worst in this aspect?

Don't let it fall! You will need to buy a new one! 
      • longkimneou
        By longkimneou
        Hi all, I just bought Samsung Gear 360 and been doing test shot. the quality is so low that i believe this is not the real quality that camera can do. i use it through google street view app. can you advise mw what is the best seeting for this app? or maybe samsung has error for it software?
      • Sameed
        By Sameed
        Hey guys. I need to shoot 360 video from the point of view of a biker for a project for a client. The produced video will be viewed on the Samsung Gear VR. I bought the Samsung Gear 360 and shot the video using it. On the phone, the quality looks great, however the footage looks very lackluster when viewed on the Gear VR. The Gear 360 also has focus issues and one side is sharper. 

Now, I need to purchase a new camera for the shoot. Right now I'm considering the Dual Kodak SP360 setup, however if there is a better option available please let me know. I know the Six GoPro setup will give me the best quality but I don't think I'll be able to mount that rig on an helmet or on a bike. 
      • YiXun
        By YiXun
        Can Nico360 be the best 360 camera ever?

Nico360 vs. Ricoh Theta S vs. Samsung Gear 360

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-world-s-smallest-360-camera-nico360-vr#/