360 positioning

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_John_*

Guest_John_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:15 PM

I haven't purchased a Gear 360, yet. Before I do i have questions.
1. Thinking about creating a 360 degree Halloween video. I have a handicap ramp on my house and I'd like to arrange the Gear 360 to the hand rail. But I want to position it high enough that the little goblins can't mess with it. If I attach it to a 7ft pole and attach that right to the hand rail will the Gear 360 capture the little goblins as they walk up and down the ramp.
2. I've seen photos taken by the Gear 360 that the person viewing it can rotate the photo by hand. Is there some kind of special photo viewer required or can anyone with a touch screen do it?

#2 Tuetensosse

Tuetensosse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:18 AM

Dear John,

1. Take a look at some photos made by a gear 360. In my opinion the camera is not the best choice to take a photo of details that are more than 6 ft far away from the camera. Because you got a 360° view of everything around you, everything further from the camery appears really small and seems less detailed. So maybe take a look at some photos and guess which objects are 7ft from the camera and take a look at the details. One more thing... My gear 360 is really crappy for taking photos at dusk or night. So maybe you have to install some lights at the ramp.

2. For the stitching you need some special software. To view and stitch the photos the software Action Director ist attributed. Also if you upload your panoramic photos to facebook, google fotos, special 360 homepages and much more websites, they will be automatically in the interactive mode (if you you follow warwounds explanations)

#3 Guest_markr041_*

Guest_markr041_*
    • Guests

Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:33 PM

I haven't purchased a Gear 360, yet. Before I do i have questions.
    1. Thinking about creating a 360 degree Halloween video. I have a handicap ramp on my house and I'd like to arrange the Gear 360 to the hand rail. But I want to position it high enough that the little goblins can't mess with it. If I attach it to a 7ft pole and attach that right to the hand rail will the Gear 360 capture the little goblins as they walk up and down the ramp.
    2. I've seen photos taken by the Gear 360 that the person viewing it can rotate the photo by hand. Is there some kind of special photo viewer required or can anyone with a touch screen do it?

For looking around 360 photos you do not need a touch screen (a mouse can do the moves). But you do need 360 viewer software. You can download the free Ricoh Theta viewer software or the GoPro viewer software from their sites. They work fine for Samsung 360 photos. These are for PC's. There is also viewer software for smartphones.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users