>> Our 360 Cameras Comparison <<

Latest Posts

Importing from memory card
Views: 54   replies: 15
Last Reply: fapedPem (Today, 02:28 AM)
Discounts! award products Products which fall under...
Discounts! man hair style
Views: 45   replies: 8
Last Reply: japedPem (Today, 02:02 AM)
Discounts! best skin care products 2017 Products which fall und...
Editing Files Together
Views: 185   replies: 3
Last Reply: Wrecks (Today, 12:47 AM)
I use a program called VideoReDo to combine files and edit out sections. It's not free, but it's not very expensive. The resulting video has to be injected.
360 scuba diving
Views: 985   replies: 7
Last Reply: MinaZobby (Today, 12:09 AM)
Наваждение
Nikon KeyMission 360 vs. Samsung Gear 360 vs. Ricoh Theta S
Views: 1,308   replies: 35
Last Reply: MinaZobby (Today, 12:08 AM)
Наваждение

Recent Topics

Photo

PLease help us Marry two Images

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Politon

Politon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 01:21 PM

I was hoping to start a thread to talk about what we think we can do and or need to help manage the more seamless joining of two lenses to improve the 360 experience.

Let me start with I have been playing with 360 for a couple of years now and used many different rigs. An example ,The hero 360 with 6 cameras , around $350 plus 6 x Gopro 4 hero($400 Ea) $2400 and the list goes on , now i'm into it for about $3500 and guess what , I don't always get seamless 360s, oh its great and when I have the budget I can employ a Kolor & Giga expert and in some cases an after effects expert and I can get it as seamless as possible. A couple of years into this and I am OK at best with Kolor & Giga and average at After effects.

I have had really great succeses and some really dissapointing failures. But Fun never the less.

Cut to my under $400 dollar Samsung gear 360 and I have had more success with this straight out of the box.

Now don't get bent out of shape, I know the final resolutions are very different and I'm good with that but for most of us , this is for home use and maybe a youtube share and for what my opinion is worth, The Samsung Gear 360 will be just fine.

I have a small wish list never the less and this is where I think we could start a discussion amongst users and who knows maybe get some help from the manufacturers .

I wish: There was a way to slave one lenses setting to the other. Select One lens as the master and the other as a slave. Maybe that would help the seam be a bit more seamless.

I wish : Be it the Action Director software or Samsung create a plugin but I wish that I was able to adjust one or the other of the lenses outputs. If i could adjust one sides exposure/color/seam overlap etc . Not asking for the full Kolor/Giga experience but sometimes a small adjustment would make a world of difference. I watched a tutorial last night on the Kodak Pixpro software and they are able to make alignment  adjustments, didn't see exposure or color but I hope it can be done.

If you have a feature you think we should discuss start with  I wish:  then when some one like me takes 10,000 words to get to the point  every one doesn't have to read everything to get to the point.

Cheers

Tony

#2 Warewullf

Warewullf

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 25 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 06:31 PM

HI Tony,

I wish the camera had, for lack of a more humble term, an Expert mode, where you could tweak each lens individually to componsate for light/dark areas. I also wish the images were sharper, or at the very least that objects closer to the camera were sharper.

I'd quite like a live preview option within the Gear VR, but I understnad that stiching happens after you take the photo, so it might not be possible.

#3 vrimaginar

vrimaginar

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 68 posts
      • Locationvrimaginar.com

Posted 11 September 2016 - 09:20 PM

We have some good results out of the box with the Gear 360, but there are a few things you should take care of:

1. Light

When you take pictures or make a video outside in bright sunlight or indoors with one dark spot and a window with sunlight make sure the lenses are perpendicular to the brightest light source. In other words, the seem between the lenses should be pointing to the  sun, or another bright source. This is to make sure the lenses get the same amount of light and you will have a better seam.

2. Stitching

- Stitch you work on the phone, not in action director. It does a much better job at compression, both videos and photos. Jpg files will be much larger in file size and will have less compression artefacts. The same goes for videos.

- If you have to  stitch on the computer make sure the region you choose has the same framerate that the video has. Pal has a 25 fps framerate and NTSC is 30. This is very important because else your video will stutter.

3. White balance

If possible set the white balance manually. It gives a better result at the seam.

#4 Guest_CHIROPTERA SAPIENS_*

Guest_CHIROPTERA SAPIENS_*
      • Guests

Posted 18 September 2016 - 08:00 AM

DOES ANYONE HAS LENS ALIGNMENT ISSUE?

#5 vrimaginar

vrimaginar

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 68 posts
      • Locationvrimaginar.com

Posted 20 September 2016 - 09:19 PM

Hi CHIROPTERA SAPIENS. First of all, please do not use all caps in your conversation. It looks like 'shouting' and is not a very polite thing to do in a public forum.

Can you explain what you mean by a lens alignment issue? Are the two images stitched at a weird angle?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users