Стражи Галактики. Часть 2
Good 360 videos on YouTube channel
Views: 1,798   replies: 4
Last Reply: MinaZobby (Today, 02:59 AM)
Стражи Галактики. Часть 2
Importing from memory card
Views: 55   replies: 15
Last Reply: fapedPem (Today, 02:28 AM)
Discounts! award products Products which fall under...
Editing Files Together
Views: 186   replies: 3
Last Reply: Wrecks (Today, 12:47 AM)
I use a program called VideoReDo to combine files and edit out sections. It's not free, but it's not very expensive. The resulting video has to be injected.

Recent Topics

Gear 360 Camera reversed

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Amazo_*

Guest_Amazo_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2016 - 06:29 PM

Hi guys.. I have a small problem with my camera 360.. I noticed while I stitched them, the camera was taking pictures but I noticed that my camera was taking the front view with the rear lens and the front lens the rear view, so in other words the camera thinks that the front lens is the back one instead, anyone can help me or is this a faulty camera and I have to get it replaced ? thanks :(

#2 Vinman

Vinman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 07:55 AM

The front lens is the same side as the LCD display on top, are you sure you were holding the camera the right way. It can get confusing. 

#3 Guest_Bvg_*

Guest_Bvg_*
    • Guests

Posted 20 September 2016 - 01:09 AM

I have the exact same issue. When you are editing the video. The rear camera is the center or primary. So when you publish the video it starts looking backwards. The same thing happens with photos as well

#4 vrimaginar

vrimaginar

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 68 posts
    • Locationvrimaginar.com

Posted 20 September 2016 - 08:52 PM

The front and back are reversed indeed. Just rotate the camera and it will be fine.

#5 Guest_BVG_*

Guest_BVG_*
    • Guests

Posted 21 September 2016 - 01:08 AM

The front and back are reversed indeed. Just rotate the camera and it will be fine.

I opened a ticket with Samsung today. Surprisingly they didn't have a clue what I was talking about. Does everyone else have the same issue. If you take a 360 photo and the open it in the phone app. Is the initial view the rear camera? That is what I get.

#6 warwound

warwound

Advanced Member

• Members
    • PipPipPip
    • 41 posts
    • LocationNorfolk, UK

Posted 21 September 2016 - 06:00 AM

Can you connect a Samsung device (S7 etc) to your Gear 360 and preview your image using Gear Manager?

If so, the preview will soon show you which lens your Gear 360 is using for it's front lens.

#7 Guest_BVG_*

Guest_BVG_*
    • Guests

Posted 22 September 2016 - 01:03 PM

Can you connect a Samsung device (S7 etc) to your Gear 360 and preview your image using Gear Manager?

If so, the preview will soon show you which lens your Gear 360 is using for it's front lens.

Yes, that is what i said in the last post, when you open up a photo or video in Gear manager, the Initial view is out the rear camera.

Im seeing people mentioning this in all sorts of youtube videos, and in other demo's for the camera. Samsung told me i need to send the camera in to them so they can fix it. this doesn't appear to be a problem with my camera but all of them are configured this way.   are you seeing the same thing?

#8 Guest_Jack Sparrow_*

Guest_Jack Sparrow_*
    • Guests

Posted 22 September 2016 - 02:43 PM

The 'Front' camera is the one that is used when taking a 180 shot. 360 video or photo by default centers on the rear camera. Not a fault at all you just need to know this when shooting. The starting position of a pano can be adjusted in post as can a video in Action Director.

#9 iwatkins

iwatkins

• Members
    • PipPip
    • 23 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 03:06 PM

You can switch which camera is used for a 180 shot, that's not an issue for me.

But the camera that is used in the centre of a 360 shot or video is the rear camera on my Gear360 as well. I just remember to orient the camera if this is going to be an issue with the end shot. Weird and probably just a software issue.

#10 Guest_Amazo_*

Guest_Amazo_*
      • Guests

Posted 24 September 2016 - 04:36 PM

I'm sending it back to Samsung, because in the manual it specifies which lens is the front one. I'll see what they say, but I highly doubt it this is alright. I expect my product to work as it should.

#11 warwound

warwound

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 41 posts
      • LocationNorfolk, UK

Posted 25 September 2016 - 05:43 AM

But what is the problem - surely you can ignore what the manual says and orient your Gear 360 according to what you know to be the front camera?

I very much doubt your Gear 360 is any different to anyone else's Gear 360 so exchanging it for a new one is not gonna change anything?

#12 vrimaginar

vrimaginar

Advanced Member

• Members
      • PipPipPip
      • 68 posts
      • Locationvrimaginar.com

Posted 25 September 2016 - 07:44 PM

I'm with ^^ on this one. You know which lens is the front, so just point that to the subject you're targeting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users