360° Cameras and Videos Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest zakun82

uploading 360 to facebook issue

Guest zakun82   
Guest zakun82

can anyone confirm that uploading any 360 photo to Facebook results in a elongated photo?

Im using the latest Gear App and firmware version to date, uploaded from smartphone app and ActionDirector seems to have the same unwanted outcome.

Any thoughts guys?

Guest Guest Tommy   
Guest Guest Tommy

I am also having the same issue, with no luck at all... Been about 5 days now...

Guest briano   
Guest briano

ah I thought it was only me! It's been happening to me since 10th October and has been driving me nuts.

I tried my partner's Galaxy s6 and that works fine so I thought it was only my phone so I reset the device and still no luck.

Anyone tried on a browser?

Uk s7 edge here as well. Same issue whether from FB app, from Gallery or from Gear360 app. Probably a change in the meta data after last update meaning FB no longer recognises them as 360 images.

Cheers

Ian

Guest zakun82   
Guest zakun82

Goodness, i'm glad it's wasn't just me! :)

Anyway i'm using a Huawei mobile phone with a modded Gear 360 app and this has worked until now, i was suspecting it might of been the new APP or firmware.

So tried exporting the photos from the Gear's SD card to the Gear Action Director but still the same.

Iwatkins; interesting to see a different result with the Ipad and not your S7.

Anyone tried manually inserting the Metadata into image yet as i will give that a go tonight?

cheers

Zakun82

Guest briano   
Guest briano

I dont know if Facebook is reading this but there's a new version of the Facebook app available (99.0.0.26.69) and it is now working! :)

Guest Tommy   
Guest Tommy

ahhh, that last post got my hopes up, but no luck... I updated the Facebook app, and it still doesn't work...

Guest briano   
Guest briano

hmm odd, sorry to get your hopes up, I don't know why it suddenly worked for me as I didn't do anything other than update the facebook app although I did notice something that maybe wasn't coincidence.

I have an UK s7 edge and when it failed to work was when I started deleting 360 photos from the Gallery that seems to originate from a Samsung Cloud directory (of which I couldn't find in Es Explorer), as it was showing duplicated photos in that app. It was working prior to this as I had just uploaded a 360 photo to facebook.

Now when it worked for me again (which may/may not be a result of Facebook app update) I noticed in the gallery that photos were appearing to be coming back from Samsung cloud.

Is this something to do with Samsung cloud and the fact it's messing up with the file sharing mechanisms of android and affecting uploading to facebook?

Maybe try dropping back to a phone firmware that didnt include the samsung cloud update and see if that fixed it?

I may try disabling cloud syncing but since it's working now for me I don't want to touch it!